Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
there just was a few posts here with people with the poly plow...they seemed happy..it just was a little lite in the weight..search poly blade it may come up

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Here is the link to the most recent poly plow thread: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-general-discussion/37369-wild-bill-s-glacier-2-plow-66-poly-blade.html

My neighbor elso has one on his 2009-2010 Sportsman 550 XP.... looks to do just as good of job as my Glacier 3 system, and is a little easier on the front suspension (springs).

But I have no first hand experiance with one..... other than stronly looking at one when I was looking for a plow system for my 2012 800. But didn't know how well it would hold up, so I chose the "known" metal plow system.

·
Registered
862 Posts
if you do zero backblading then they would be fine. they make poly blades for trucks and they hold up fine. only down side is they are lighter and will climb up easier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Glacier Pro with 66" poly blade. I have had it for this year only. I have run a Moose 60" and Cycle Country 48" in the past. The poly is lighter and tends to bounce a little more, but it is lighter for the machine (I have tracks and run the extended frame). I have a couple of spots in my driveway where I notice the bounce and just reduce my speed to a crawl and don't have any problems. I have not had to push back any snow and likely will use the 3pt hitch snowblower on my tractor to do that. During one storm (14") I did push some snow up over the previous banks...mostly because I could with the extra height and tracks.

I think the concerns should be more in the frames and mounts than poly or steel plow.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts