Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding our 570's, I noticed my cooling fan comes on fairly often while riding trails. However, my buddies seemed to only run every now and then. Well, his overheating light came on, but the fan was not running. Shut the bike off for 20mins and let it cool down. Fired it back up and drove to the house. His overheating light came on again just as we pulled in the drive, still no fan. We checked the relay which appeared fine. Pulled the fan harness apart and hard wired the fan to a spare battery, nothing but a dead fan.

Hard to believe the fan went out on a bike that only has 9 hours on it...

He called our local dealers about getting it replaced under warranty. First question they asked,"Did you buy the bike from us? No, well, it'll be a few weeks before we can get you in the shop." Lol

Looks like we'll be making the 3hr drive to Abernathy's!

Kris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just go to them. Talk to them in person. I was in the EXACT same boat as you. Bought it from 3 hours away went to the local one to see about getting it covered. Was originally told I wouldn't be covered (different scenario) and that if it was it would be 3 weeks. got a call the very next morning saying to bring it in. When I got there the guy said he would try to get it back to me in a week or so

·
Registered
260 Posts
just checked mine and it works...do not want to fry a new motor

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought my quad from a dealer 2 hours away from my house, when my axle snapped I called my local polaris dealer they wouldn't let me drop it off that day....they made me wait 2 days to drop it off and I had the quad back 3 days later....

I guess its just the BS you have to deal with.....Luckly for me I had no issues

good luck

·
Registered
815 Posts
a dealership doing warranty work often looses money. Ford does anyways. So they are a lot less likely to warranty stuff for you if you didn't buy there, and if they do, join the waiting list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts