Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some warranty work done on my winch. The free spool knob came off and they are fixing it for me. While using the winch, I realized it really needs a remote separate from the handlebar switch. While looking around on the web, I found that Polaris makes an add-on wireless remote. Has anyone used this, and do you have any feedback on it?

Pure Polaris POLARIS WIRELESS WINCH REMOTE from Premier Polaris

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got it and love it.........I like to say, " any idiot can do it the hard way ". lol

I've got basically the same qaud as you except mine is the Browning model. My 3,500 lb winch should be able to comfortably pull my quad out of the mud sideways, so what do I need to be standing in the mud for every inch of the way????

Another thing I like to say, " you can't have it unless you buy it ", buy it, it is worth every penny in my books.

·
Registered
77 Posts
$134.99 is a good price, but add that ridiculously high shipping cost of $26.95 plus taxes on the shipping cost makes it more expensive than buying the remote directly from the dealer. Somebody has got to be doing it for shipping free to the 48.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Bought mine on ebay. Waiting for some warm weather to install it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought one of the warn XT30 winches off amazon recently, came with wireless remote, I'd say with the purchase, can't wait to use it..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did order the remote from the dealer. They were basically the same price as the online price, and they picked up the freight. It has not been installed yet, the dealer wants $280 for the job. I'm waiting for a free weekend to do the install myself. I'm hoping the job won't take more than a couple of hours to do, we'll see.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Installed the remote today. After one hour and five minutes I was performing the final test of the system and every thing was buttoned up. The hardest part was finding the location of the receiver/control unit. I wound up Ty-rapping it to the wiring harness above the radiator. I'm not real happy with that, but it was the best place I could find with what was available. I'm going to build a couple of jumper extensions and relocate the receiver.

If you're going to install this, build yourself a couple of extensions for the red and black wires of the receiver. The extensions should be last least 12" long, #14 AWG wire with insulated 1/4" fast-ons, one male, one female. Now that I said that, they may be .187". I'll find out and post.

Dealer note: the dealer I bought my bike from wanted $280 for instal (3 hours). Right before I left to do the install I called the Polaris shop in our neighboring town, they wanted $180 (2 hours) to do the job. The instruction sheet says "Installation time 30 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts