Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip to WV for Memorial Day weekend and wanted some ideas from people who have already been on what I need to take and the best place to stay. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What Trail head are you planning on riding and what town are you thinking about staying in? If you are planning on staying in Man WV the best place to stay is the Rockhouse Lodge or the Rockhouse Depot lodge both owned by Terry Fekete his # is 304-583-6833 his email address is [email protected] he is a good honest guy, the rooms are clean and you can ride your ATV through town in day light hours to get to the trail head.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What Trail head are you planning on riding and what town are you thinking about staying in? If you are planning on staying in Man WV the best place to stay is the Rockhouse Lodge or the Rockhouse Depot lodge both owned by Terry Fekete his # is 304-583-6833 his email address is [email protected] he is a good honest guy, the rooms are clean and you can ride your ATV through town in day light hours to get to the trail head.
My wife is going on this trip on a new 420 Rancher so I wanted to keep it easy. Probably Pinnacle Creek. Certainly not Rockhouse. From what I read in other posts the Rockhouse is not for beginners and she just started riding.

·
Registered
322 Posts
In Pineville you can stay at the Cow Shed Motel, not bad. You have to trailer from there to the PC trailhead. Technically you can ride the road but it is a long long way.

My preference would be stay near the IR system. Ashland Resort(1-800-562-5141) is probably the most popular place to stay in the entire HM system. I assume they are already booked up for Memorial day weekend. The new Pocahontas System open up on Memorial Day Weekend. It is just south of IR and will connect. By the way the "Outlaw" trails are pretty much between the IR and PC systems.

Near the IR system there are several places to stay such as:
Wild Willy's (304-862-2312) Near Ashland Resort, have to ride a little road to get to trails
Hillbilly Hideaway(304-320-4568) Near Bramwell, will be on the new Pocahontas System
Skyland Lodge (877-215-4762) Near Hilltop, 2 miles by road to IR, close to Outlaw Trails
Mtn Top Cabins (304-862-2602) in the Outlaw area and close to IR trails
Sam Larry's (304-862-2602) near Northfork, very close to IR/PC connector
Black Dog Ranch (304-384-7573) Close to Hilltop and Skyland Lodge

Hope this helps and does not confuse you more.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The way its been raining here, bring a couple sets of rain gear and some floaties.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Little Coal River is a Great Trail to start out on it offers plenty of easier "Green" Trails there are also quite a few more challenging trails + it seems like it's a little less crowded than some of the other systems,There are only 2 places to stay Little Coal River Campground & Katheren's Kabins We stay @ Katheren's & Rent the Mobile Home he has just down from the cabins it's comfortable but no TV we bring laptops & dvd's he does have WIFI @ the cabins & Plenty of Places not too faraway for food & such,We will be there June 10th

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hatfield Mccoy

Stayed in Gilbert last year. Fox valley atv. Clean plenty of room. Its an old house converted onto 3 apt. Highly recommend.:veryhappy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts