Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
9,190 Posts
bp, I take it the NEW 800 must be rockin'?
If you where in that much dust with that new motor I'd change the filter and check the intake close to see if anything got by.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
polman500 & bp405, you guys need to plan on joining us in late March 2020???

I'm going to try to FPD. Just keep us updated on you guys plans. It's only about 150 miles for me. I'm gonna try to get a couple of my crew on board for it. Do you know exactly where you'll be going yet?

Follow this thread....
See post 16 here [/url] https://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/midwest/184937-2020-hmt-spring-trip.html

We have lodging and a dates already set up .....

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Early Saturday morning I'll be heading down to WV for a week of throttle therapy :grin. Unfortunately it'll be on the wife's 570-T, AGAIN :crying. I mean I guess I can't complain but it sure would be nice to have either the 800 done or the 1000 in (that's a whole nother story). Never the less it's going to be a blast as usual. So I'm going to make it a point to take some photos (I don't do enough of that out on the trail) and post up about the days ride every night :wink.

polman500, From his first post looks like the 800 still work in progress at this time.....

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yup it's still a work in progress. I did get the email on Friday that the 2020 Can-Am I ordered is in. So next ride won't be on wifey's wheeler :grin. I'll throw up if there is dust past the filter in the intake :crying.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A March trip to HMT sounds good we'll see where things are at as the date approaches. That's actually a good time as the kids games don't start until April. So they'll just have practices and that's all local in town. I'll check the other thread for dates, lodging, and trail systems you guys are planning on.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
We would be happy to have you along if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice write up, sucks newbie crashed but good he was ok. Reading Anthracite is awesome to ride. Congratulations on a safe trip

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice write up, sucks newbie crashed but good he was ok. Reading Anthracite is awesome to ride. Congratulations on a safe trip
Thanks!!! Going to try and hit Anthracite for two days next time.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was cleaning the wheeler up yesterday and got enough nerve up to check the intake and throttle body :wht:!! Well I was extremely happy to see not one spec of dust it was totally clean inside there :fest30:. So I installed a new filter and pre-filter. It's all good to go for the next ride.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was cleaning the wheeler up yesterday and got enough nerve up to check the intake and throttle body
!! Well I was extremely happy to see not one spec of dust it was totally clean inside there
. So I installed a new filter and pre-filter. It's all good to go for the next ride.
Never had any trouble with OE filter/pre-filter either on both bikes. I do love my R2C Performance filters though.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well it's something I have yet to thoroughly check out but I dusted my 800 in Paiute Utah. Hence the motor rebuild. Idk if there is a breech in the intake or if the contaminates got past the filter(s). I always have used OEM air and pre filters as well.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well it's something I have yet to thoroughly check out but I dusted my 800 in Paiute Utah. Hence the motor rebuild. Idk if there is a breech in the intake or if the contaminates got past the filter(s). I always have used OEM air and pre filters as well.
Do you add the film of grease? Hard to say what happened to your 800. Maybe undetected filter hole you couldn’t see. Last trip up to Berlin,NH at Jericho Festival the trails were insane with dust. Way overcrowded.It sucked! R2C filter blocked all. I’m still waiting for a good promo code from Wolfsnout.

·
9,190 Posts
I will not ride in that kind of dust bp. I ain't gonna breath that crap and don't want my machine to either. If it comes to that I'll just go fishing or something and ride some other time. If there's a group riding and its really dusty we spread out and just wait for each other at trail intersections or turns.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You're right guys I'm going to make sure I back off the next time I find myself in those conditions.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wish I could. I always ride behind my son so I can keep an eye on him. I try to back off and then he’ll stop and act like I can’t keep up. So I get the dust and the punk attitude.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts