Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could get everybody's take on which trail at Hatfield McCoy is the best for mudding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,026 Posts
pohcahontas and pinnicle creek.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
^^^^Agreed. The creek trail at pinnacle has lots of deep holes as well as running right next to the creek. Pocahontas has some wet trails also...especially trail 85. Buffalo mountain has some mud too, not as much as pinnacle or Pocahontas though. Bear wallow and rockhouse don't have much mud (usually). If u go to Ashland or somewhere around there u can ride pinnacle, Pocahontas and Indian ridge without trailering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Between Pocahontas and Pinnacle is an Outlaw Trail called Wet and Muddy. Plan on at least an hour to get through it. You will need your winch!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm a Rockhouse fan because of the slower riding and more views me and the wife can enjoy. Plus mud and hill climbs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Pocohantas itself has a huge long section with deep swamp. Takes an hour to get thru. We all made it thru but if you wanted to, there are ways to get stuck...

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Pocohantas itself has a huge long section with deep swamp. Takes an hour to get thru. We all made it thru but if you wanted to, there are ways to get stuck...
I rode Pocohantas last april and it was very muddy. Nothing impassable but a lot of mud, for a long ways. It was a lot of fun

·
Registered
76 Posts
We rode the Rockhouse trail. We found plenty of mud holes to tackle. I can't speak for the other trails. Rockhouse has some of everything as far as I am concerned plus there seems to be more places to find to stay at around that location.

·
Premium Member
12,026 Posts
^^^^Agreed. The creek trail at pinnacle has lots of deep holes as well as running right next to the creek. Pocahontas has some wet trails also...especially trail 85. Buffalo mountain has some mud too, not as much as pinnacle or Pocahontas though. Bear wallow and rockhouse don't have much mud (usually). If u go to Ashland or somewhere around there u can ride pinnacle, Pocahontas and Indian ridge without trailering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
trail 85 is the type of riding i could do over and over again. the only thing that would make it better would be two more longer technical type hill climbs and maybe a rock crawl section (ok now im getting greedy).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts