Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning our second trip to HM and are wondering where to go.
We went to the Rockhouse the first time and it was amazing! It was exactly what we thought West Virginia would be like...literally riding on the sides of mountains!

We are thinking maybe we should try something different. We are looking at Wild Willyz Rezort at the Indian Ridge trail. It is my understanding that the IR, Pin, and Poc trails are all connected through trail heads. This is over 200 miles of trails. And then there is some 'Outlaw Trail' which everyone is talking about.

Anyway, we like to ride pretty aggressively. Are we going to be disappointed with these trails compared to the Rockhouse?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,585 Posts
southern wv pin, poc, and ir are different from rh its more wet, swampy, and muddy. for instance a black trail in southern wv is more rutted out with deeper mud holes with one or two steep knarly/hill climbs. where as a rh black trail will have multiple longer technical hill climbs and decents while hanging on the edge of a mountain. personally i like rh type terrain but pin, poc, and ir are def worth hitting and in no way will u be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
southern wv pin, poc, and ir are different from rh its more wet, swampy, and muddy. for instance a black trail in southern wv is more rutted out with deeper mud holes with one or two steep knarly/hill climbs. where as a rh black trail will have multiple longer technical hill climbs and decents while hanging on the edge of a mountain. personally i like rh type terrain but pin, poc, and ir are def worth hitting and in no way will u be disappointed.
^^^^ I agree. We did Pocahantas Pinnacle Greek and Indian ridge this year and depending on when you go, they can be very wet and muddy, but they are all fairly challenging in their climbs and descents. Not bad or very rocky just steep and lots of switchbacks. You will enjoy these three. You can stay in Northfork WVa and have access to Pinnacle Creek and Indian ridge, and with a two hour ride you can be on Pochantas. We did Pochantas last april and was pretty muddy. Did Indian ridge and Pinnacle in November and was dusty one day and wet the next. If you decide to do Pinn and Indian ridge check Out Sams Guest house in Northfork. They rent two houses and have garages to lock up the atv's at night. If you go there take food with you because Northfork is a very small coal town and has no restaurants, but is less than a half mile to two trailheads...Pinn and Indian ridge. The houses are older but roomy and have a full bath upstairs and a toilet and shower in the basement, washer and dryer and a full kitchen with utensils. Bedrooms are small but comfortable, and place is clean. You will enjoy these trails

1 - 3 of 3 Posts