Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going this summer with my wife on the back of my touring 500. I want to site see and cruise around, nothing crazy. anyone been to all the trails and how would you rate them?

·
Registered
721 Posts
They are all great IMO. I have ridden all of them. They each have beautiful scenery and a uniqueness to them. Stick to the green and blue trails and you guys will have a fantastic trip and want to come back.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
we have ridden all of them except Ivy Branch and Little Coal River - Ivy was said by others to be incredibly difficult..blacks looked to be boulders in a stream bed..maybe because jeeps are allowed there? Little Coal is the easiest of them all..would be a good place to take kids from what I hear and where I will take my 7 year old next year

Pinnacle Creek - easy and a lot of water. Creek is fun to play in. Good place for first time trip
Indian Ridge - more variety than Pinnacle and the blacks are challenging. Has some fun trails above Ashland Resort
Pocahantas - more wide open space..trails are in logging country...quite a bit of diversity. Blacks are easy.
Rockhouse - a lot of people love it..I like it, but after going there 3-4 times I am over it for awhile. It is rocky...blacks are harder than all the previous trails. Largest system with over 100 mils of trails. Not nearly as much water as the previous trails
Buffalo Mountain - This and Bear Wallow are our favorites. Buffalo trails are a bit more difficult across all the colors...ie green looks like blue elsewhere and blue looks like black elsewhere. Varied terrain, some mud, just a good mix of trails
Bear Wallow - almost seems to have parts of all the trails rolled into one. There are open and fast places, there are difficult blacks, fun blues and greens. Lots of mud and good variety. There is also a ton of single track if anyone in your group has bikes.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Which one would you say has the best overlooks?
thats a tough one. Bear Wallow and Buffalo Mountain have quite a few great ones. Pocahantas has great views, but you are not "up" there as much. It is more of a landscape view. I would say Bear Wallow and Buffalo Mountain. Rockhouse has some good overlooks too (basically, the hardest trail systems have the best views)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts