Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the bike last night, 2004 sportsman 600. I have play where the yoke slides over the transmission output shaft in the back. I'm hoping that the yoke is worn in the spline area and not the transmission output shaft. Is this usually the case?

·
9,430 Posts
I was working on the bike last night, 2004 sportsman 600. I have play where the yoke slides over the transmission output shaft in the back. I'm hoping that the yoke is worn in the spline area and not the transmission output shaft. Is this usually the case?
Yep, that's usually the case. It'll have some slack when new and gets more with age.

·
9,430 Posts
Yep, that's usually the case. It'll have some slack when new and gets more with age.
Trouble is, you can buy a complete rear prop shaft for $130 and the yoke alone is around $90!

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^!

I actually stripped my yoke. Then I just bought a complete OEM prop-shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts