Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, its been a long time since I've been on the forum. I have been really busy building my truck which is almost done! Anyways, I figured out which combo I'd like to run for tires and rims for my 2012 500 HO. I want to get the Black Diesel's which I've found before but now I can't and I'm not sure if they even make them in 12" x 8 front and 12" x 9 back plus I'm not even sure which brand they are..? Sorry, once again I am very rusty on rim and tire sizes its been a while. For tires I want to run the Radial Outlaw either 27 or 28's. Can anyone help me out here and guide me to a place or website that sells either one and or knows some of the answers to these questions? Thanks a lot feels good to be back!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thank you for the links and thanks for the welcome back. I cant wait to drop the plow and get to tearin' some terrain up again! I'll Have pics of the truck for you guys shortly too. As I looked at your links and dug a little deeper I havent seen any of the diesel's being used on the Value Line quads. Is there a difference between the XP line and Value Line bolt pattern and offset spacing that you know of?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hey thank you for the links and thanks for the welcome back. I cant wait to drop the plow and get to tearin' some terrain up again! I'll Have pics of the truck for you guys shortly too. As I looked at your links and dug a little deeper I havent seen any of the diesel's being used on the Value Line quads. Is there a difference between the XP line and Value Line bolt pattern and offset spacing that you know of?
Nope....all Polaris use the 4/156 bolt pattern. Value line and XP OEM rims are offset differently but that has no effect on aftermarket rims (see below). I've seen some diesels on the value line quads, I think it was on the southern mudder Facebook group IIRC. Some guys don't like 14" rims so maybe that's why you haven't seen much?? XP need the 14" but the value line can use 12"

The 4+3 spacing will add about 4" of width to your ride (brings width over 50") so just be sure that there aren't any width restrictions in your area.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got both my rims and tires from high lifter. They cut me a god deal on the ol2's and the sit hd3 rims. I also got my parents a set of radial 28" on there 2013 550 and they love them. they have been plowing and riding all winter in Wisconsin with no problems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Bgirard for the usefull info. Gr8twyte how much do your tires stick out with those rims and tire combo? I'm 99% I wont have any issue regarding 50+ in width on my wheeler and the trails I ride but I would like to keep it as narrow as possible for when you end up creating your own trails kind of days lol. I really like the radial outlaws but I dont want to run 14's because the trials I ride are called the rocky gap so I'm nervous to bang up the rims. Its happened before and will happen again. So I'm stuck in a pickle. Debated on the MST's but I dont think I will like them as much especially in the mud. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
319 Posts
they are about 1.5" past my fenders. I would not worry to much about the 14" on the rocks. I ride a lot of rocks with my tires here in Washington since we moved. I am very surprised how well they tear up the rocky hills. A few guys were laughing at me saying they were overkill. then they saw how much clearance i had and how i just flew up the hill and then they had nothing to say. i have seen 12" radial tires popped several times and i have not hit anything rim wise or hurt the tires yet and last weekend we did 100 miles in rocky terrain.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are about 1.5" past my fenders. I would not worry to much about the 14" on the rocks. I ride a lot of rocks with my tires here in Washington since we moved. I am very surprised how well they tear up the rocky hills. A few guys were laughing at me saying they were overkill. then they saw how much clearance i had and how i just flew up the hill and then they had nothing to say. i have seen 12" radial tires popped several times and i have not hit anything rim wise or hurt the tires yet and last weekend we did 100 miles in rocky terrain.
Once again thank you for the very useful info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts