1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you look at the front of the engine there is a square box with a cover held on by three bolts. Remove that cover and inspect the pump, cable, cam and return spring. On mine the spring had rusted completely away which allowed the pump to stay wide open. Used a tank of oil to a tank & a half of fuel. The cable had came off of the cam also. If everything looks good then clean the pump to look for a line on it about the 7 o'clock position on a round boss. There should also be a line on the cam in about same position. Verify that the idle has been set properly. Then with the engine off, very gently push the throttle until the slack is removed from the cable to the carb. Once you do this use the adjuster nut on the pump side of the cable to line up the two marks mentioned above. Buddy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I was beginning to think that i was trying to post in the wrong place or some thing. Will give it a try . I didn't see the mark last time i had cover off, will look again.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
People tend not to post unless they are certain about what they are posting. As I am sure most here have not had a 2 stroke version information tends to be harder to get and takes a bit more time. Don't loose faith.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts