Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my 2006 Hawkeye since taking delivery. I have gotten no satifaction from dealer or Polaris. Original problem was that the machine would bog down and sputter at 15 mph and would not climb hills. Dealer inspected and returned it to me 2x during warranty period claiming there was nothing wrong with the bike. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't start and dealer would not cover because it was just past the warranty period so it sat in my garage for the past 2 years. Now that I've come to terms with being ripped off I am trying to get it going. I have confirmed fuel is getting to engine, there is no spark, I tried changing the plug, still no spark. Main and aux fuses are good. There is power at fuse box and power to cdi but no power, zero volts to coil. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First welcome to the board!

·
Registered
527 Posts
This could be a stator, cdi or coil problem. I would probably guess this part was going bad and the machine did not have full power to make it up the hills. I have seen issues like this that come up and if they do not drive the machine they will never find the problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information! I was wondering if anyone knows the proper method to diagnose the CDI. The CDI and Stator are expensive parts and would hate to buy the wrong part. Is there anywhere on the net I could find the information?

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can not test the cdi. But you can test the stator for the proper ohm readings. You can also do an ohm test on the coil and then make sure everything else checks out before replacing the cdi. Double check everything before throwing money at it. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Polaris Hawkeye 2006 - CDI

Hi, I was wondering if replacing the CDI corrected the problem? My kids Hawkeye is showing the same symptoms and starts to cut out at around 15 MPH. Checked all the normal stuff...electrical, carburetion and jetting. I just hate to throw $250 at replacing the CDI if it is not needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts