Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything other than Elkas? They are sweet, but a little more than I really need. I wanted some stiffer springs, my rear sags a lot when I am towing my compost spreader.

I have seen springs from quad boss saying 25% stiffer. Is that my best bet?

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Chk out EPI and Highlifter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi-lifter ones are twice the price of the other brands from what I have seen on their site, but don't seem to be any better? I'm sort of hoping for something with more than 25lbs extra on each corner, but their inch lift might help too...

Does anyone know where I can find info on the OEM springs so I can see if that is a significant jump? And also would help compare quad bosses claims of 25-30% more.

My dusty dawg carrier adds about 80 lbs to the back, plus tongue weight from a trailer...

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Right so the HL's is just the name not meant specifically for the Polaris HL model. Generally speaking the HL are stiffer springs. Some have said they are to stuff. But of course it's all dependent on your situation and needs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right so the HL's is just the name not meant specifically for the Polaris HL model. Generally speaking the HL are stiffer springs. Some have said they are to stuff. But of course it's all dependent on your situation and needs.
For what I'm doing, and the load I'm putting on it, I don't think "too stiff" is currently being made. They might be the fix, stinks they are bright gold tho? Oh well, I'm not doing a beauty show over here I guess. I might have to find some heavier stuff to stash in my front compartment to balance it out at some point, but I can figure that out as I go.

Thank you for your help with this! I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
That's cool!! And you always have the spring tension adjustment collars on the shocks to help balance it all out once you have the HL installed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
We're looking for front HD spring for our 2014 800 B Boss 6x6 atv and came up with zip so far. I emailed EPI and they don't. Looked at High Lifer page and didn't find any. Any idea's?

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Cross reference the spring part #'s with other machines. Then search those machines in the HL and EPI data base.

Are you looking for a specific axle or the whole machine?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got that when I googled 2014, boss, 800, 6x6. I went back and see they did leave off the 6x6 part of my search.

Any idea's where I could locate some heaver springs for the front of this machine???

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Ever think of doing PVC spring spacer mod???

1 - 20 of 42 Posts