Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have '12 800 EFI, and tightened the back spring because it was soft, was thinking about HD springs all around and then had an epiphany that made me think twice.

On rock climbing and extreme hills how much are those going to effect roll over? Any thoughts? I'm a heavier rider (240 or so).... The HD springs sound like a good idea for utility and eliminating some of the front end dive. On the other hand I'm worried they could turn a bad climb into a nightmare. Anyone with HD springs doing hills chime in?

The other thing, the 800 is a beast and I love the lack of power steering 90% of the time. I get better bottom end power with airbox lid off. That's sad. I'm not looking to turn my quad into the "super renegade killer quad" but I do want to change the air box and the exhaust without suicide-ing the quad... any thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I bought my '12 800 I had a friend at the dealer swap my springs with springs off of a Ranger. They are a little tighter but not too much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
12,439 Posts
"had an epiphany" LOL...That's the thing where the little light bulb flashes on over your head isn't it? :thinking:
Gives me a headache.:D
One of the first things I did to my 06 800 was put HD's all around and wider offset rims. Makes it much more stable on vertical ground.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have HD's and to be honest over slow rock riding I find the HD springs MORE stable than the stock ones.

Solo riding I find them way to rough. But when I ride 2 up (alot) it rides like a dream.

You may want to search on here how to make your own PVC spacers to stiffen up the stock Value springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts