Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some sagging on the rear of the XP so it was time to give her a lift! I Installed HD springs on the front and rear. With the proper tools I was able to get the job done in about 2 hours in between work calls.

Prior to the springs installed the quad was at 30 inches in the rear with the springs at the max setting. Now it is at 31 inches with the springs set at the 2nd setting.

These springs are great for those who like me have lots of extras on the quads. bumpers & brush guards, winches, boxes loaded with all the extras, fuel packs ++. These items add up in weight. Here are some pictures of the final outcome. Any questions please feel free to call the shop at 815-321-3888 or drop us a email at [email protected] !

Thor

http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/HEAVY-DUTY-SUSPENSION-SPRING-FRONT-p/front_epi.htm

http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/HEAVY-DUTY-SUSPENSION-SPRING-REAR-p/rear_epi.htm

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Will the rear springs fit the Touring models? i imagine the front springs are the same.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks good Thor.... except now you lost the "shnazzy" orange color of the factory spring!

But my big question is how is the ride comfort affected after adding the stiffer (HD - Heavy Duty) springs? Is it very noticable?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good Thor.... except now you lost the "shnazzy" orange color of the factory spring!

But my big question is how is the ride comfort affected after adding the stiffer (HD - Heavy Duty) springs? Is it very noticable?
I know I lost the cool looking orange springs but when they are dirty you cant see them anyway + they were way too soft. I had planed on getting these painted but never go around to it.

I much prefer the ride with the springs installed. Less roll. I suffer from a bad back and even with the HD spring the Sportsman is still my most enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree with Thor 100%. The stock springs are way too soft. I put the HD springs in my 800 a year ago and the ride is so much better especially if you are an aggressive rider. There is far less roll and the suspension doesn't seem like it collapses in the corners when you hit them hard. I gained about an 1"-1-1/2" in tire clearance just from removing a lot of sag. From stock to after it almost looks like I added a lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts