Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wheel bearings have been around since the wheel was invented. Grease was invented to keep the wheel bearing rolling. All bearings need grease to live.

Your wasting your time, energy, and a lot of bandwidth on this!
Ok thank you
Understood

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
37 Posts
If this is the front you are referring to, the “oil” is the hub/hillard fluid. If you have electronic hillards/hubs in front there is bearings then seal then hub, 3 torx screws hold the cover on. There’s a I believe 3/8 hex bolt that is to fill when replacing the cover, do you want to keep those oils there’s a magnetic gear case in the front has electronics and if you don’t have the right fluids in there I will not operate properly sorry for going off on a tangent I jumped on this bearing because in my 97 the right rear inner bearing race is stuck on to the shaft for the life of me I cannot get it off I know if I apply heat I will be able to but then I have just made the axle basically useless haven’t i??
Bought this bike for 1000$ actually haven’t given a dime it’s a local police officer i know good friends with family. Engine has less than 450 hrs on kt im waiting on motor mounts and in meantime doing the fluids. Grease fittings etc, i took the bearings apart and re packed them with grease but need u joint on left rear and apparently im gonna need an axle or axle stub on right and left I may just replace the whole shaft if it’s too difficult to repair

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
6,997 Posts
41 - 47 of 47 Posts