Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Im new on here.
Just bought a new to me 2016 Polaris Sportsman 850 Highlifter. One of the head lights blew because some water got in the housing. Sealed up the housing issue. But was looking at getting led replacements.
Question is... the switch for my headlights are just on or off. (There is no 3rd light on the Highlifter) so there is no high or low beam selection.
I have read that 886 fog lights and h11 headlights will work as direct replacement. I want to order h11 led headlights because they are brighter. But they do have a selectable high low to them. So if I connect these to my 850 will they just be always in high or always in low due to the fact that I don’t have a selector switch?
I figured people must be doing this already and know the answer.
Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It will depend on what terminal the wire connects to as to which section of the light will get power. Not sure the plugs are the same though. You can get high output 881 LED lights that are plug and play though. Also, what I have seen is that the H11 and 886 have different fitment into the housings and likely won't interchange. The lamp base is different.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
If you wire them up to be on highbeam at all times it will melt your plastic housing

·
Registered
167 Posts
This looked like as gooda place as any for this. Just bought “beamtech” brand led bulbs for my 570 sportsman. 880 series bulb (same as most polaris), fanless with heat sinks. They have 3 or 4 different 880 options. I got the 8,000 lumen Off road ones. Super bright and white! Fit in all 3 bulb points. Hard to know which led bulbs are worth it or not out there. These are! $38.00 for a pair.
BEAMTECH 880 LED Headlight Bulbs,Fanless CSP Y19 Chips 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White 885 893 899 Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2. Amazon.com: BEAMTECH 880 LED Headlight Bulbs,Fanless CSP Y19 Chips 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White 885 893 899 Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2: Automotive

·
Registered
167 Posts
Way brighter than factory. Pic doesnt do justice. I can look directly at the factory halogens. The leds blind the heck outta me.
1E462000-D950-488C-9299-514919A31E4A.jpeg

·
Registered
855 Posts
Outdoor picture from behind the seat will give a better view. Pics of the light itself just shows it white.I haven't checked any LED bulbs in a couple years but when I was looking for LED replacements I found that they were brighter while looking at them BUT from the seat they were LESS effective then stock. The LEDs just scattered the light and didnt give any usable light on the trail . That was a few years ago,and LED's just keep getting better (y)

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
If anyone’s interested I bought 2 set’s of these Rad Racing LED(4 total lights). They, according to site were developed for Polaris and are 12,000 Lumen a pair. I popped in a set on one of my bikes to test and are an absolute upgrade. Picture above doesn’t do justice. Anyway, since I really do not ride at night and although they are Plug’n’Play you still would have to zip tie up rest of harness as seen in picture below. They are brand new, I paid a little over $90.00, will sell for $50.00 for all 4(buyer pays shipping). You can read reviews here:https://www.amazon.com/Radracing-Motorcycle-Headlight-Polaris-Sportsman/dp/B075L4TLRT
PM if interested!
8C09D669-2FF1-433F-A1D6-9BC8565292E6.jpeg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just pulled those up on amazon for $45 for the pair......

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Yes I posted the link above for that. I have 2 pairs(4 bulbs) for $50!!
$45 on Amazon will get you 2 bulbs. Second thought, probably not worth trying to sell, not get involved, just easier to keep. Suppose I might need replacement bulbs at some point.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I may have to get a set....Those are WAY brighter than the LED ones I have in there now......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts