Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has thought about putting a universal projector lense into the factory headlight housing and then wiring up some H1 lights and halo eyes?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be difficult to convert over to H1 bulbs if I were to install the projectors into the factory housing? Just wondering cause I think it would look awesome to have those installed, black out the housing, and put some red, or blue angel eyes around them. Haven't seen anything like it on a sportsman other than the halo kits that go around the housing. Those are ok looking, but not the look I'm wanting.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Well if you run hids you would just need the 880 plug for the harness and then h1 hid bulbs in whatever color temp you desire.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Polaris led kit is the only way to go. I tried hids but the ballast kept blowing. When I turn on the leds the pod light is basically useless. You cant even tell that you turned the pod light on. I wired mine so that the leds are on high beam all the time. You dont need the polaris wiring kit to do it either.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I really like the thought of the Polaris LED kit, but dang that a lot of money!

Sent from my Galaxy S5
using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes the led kit is expensive. But I plan on keeping this atv for as long as it will last. Saying that, I want the best light out put for as long as I have my bike. Do it right the first time instead of spending the same amount of money over the long run. Im the type that likes to say "15,000 miles still going strong" kinda guy. Road trip "made it here in 4 hours 52 minutes and 13 seconds", lol!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ I agree, and those lights will fit value line, and XP bikes. as well as RZR and Ranger models if you change one of the bolts or springs, not sure which. even if the machine ahs to go at some point, you can take the lights with you.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yes the led kit is expensive. But I plan on keeping this atv for as long as it will last. Saying that, I want the best light out put for as long as I have my bike. Do it right the first time instead of spending the same amount of money over the long run. Im the type that likes to say "15,000 miles still going strong" kinda guy. Road trip "made it here in 4 hours 52 minutes and 13 seconds", lol!!
HID are less expensive till you buy the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, ... set. Even warranty replacement ballasts cost time.

The Polaris LED lamps were expensive but I'll only buy and install one set. :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
HID are less expensive till you buy the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, ... set. Even warranty replacement ballasts cost time.

The Polaris LED lamps were expensive but I'll only buy and install one set. :D
You got that right. HIDs are not dependable and go out all the time. Plus the polaris leds are alot brighter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts