Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at the dealer today and asking him for any info, and he said the Scramblers in the Midwest will be here end of the Month and I said I am waiting for the Sportsman 1000 and he said I will probably only get 2 right off the bat I said what, he said he heard a rumor, they will be a press release in the beginning of March about the new 1000 sportsman so I gave him 500 bucks just to get one of them 2 if the rumor is true

YIPPEEEEE

·
Registered
164 Posts
Does anybody know if the 1000 Sportsman will be the same bike as the 850 just with a bigger motor, or is it something completely different?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody know if the 1000 Sportsman will be the same bike as the 850 just with a bigger motor, or is it something completely different?
nobody knows anything it is just a rumor I heard but I am guessing it will be the scrambler with different Plastic called the sportsman

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
no offense to the XP line, but I wouldn't be shocked if it went into the Value line. with the recent moves to separate from Fugi motors the 800 is of life support and Polaris has it's hand on the plug.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I would assume that since the Scrambler and XP are on the same chassis it will just go in there.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I would assume that since the Scrambler and XP are on the same chassis it will just go in there.

that wouldn't be shocking either. but if that's the case you've got to wonder what they'll put into the VL to replace the 800's.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
I wouldn't think it would go into the value line. It would probably cost more than the 850 XP, which would take the "value" right out the window. My bet would be a re-bodied Scrambler.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

that wouldn't be shocking either. but if that's the case you've got to wonder what they'll put into the VL to replace the 800's.
That is a great question as the new 570 is really close to it in HP. Maybe the 900 motor out of the RZR? That is a pro star I believe....

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts

That is a great question as the new 570 is really close to it in HP. Maybe the 900 motor out of the RZR? That is a pro star I believe....

I would like to see them just cut the 550 and 800 altogether and put the effort into improving on what they currently build. The 1000 Sportsman is a given, but how many different sized machines do they need? 400, 570, 850 & 1000 pretty much covers all the bases.

·
Registered
944 Posts
was at the dealer today and asking him for any info, and he said the Scramblers in the Midwest will be here end of the Month and I said I am waiting for the Sportsman 1000 and he said I will probably only get 2 right off the bat I said what, he said he heard a rumor, they will be a press release in the beginning of March about the new 1000 sportsman so I gave him 500 bucks just to get one of them 2 if the rumor is true

YIPPEEEEE
Cool, but what color, model, LE etc ? You don't care ?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dealer knows what I want if the rumor is true, sunset red and LE, that way you have the scrambler with some more plastic, he said he will call when he finds out if it is a rumor or not

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cool I guess but who needs it in a utility ATV? They are not race machines.

·
Registered
944 Posts
dealer knows what I want if the rumor is true, sunset red and LE, that way you have the scrambler with some more plastic, he said he will call when he finds out if it is a rumor or not
you mean sunset red OR LE ?

any thoughts as to would it be wiser to get a base model and then spend the 2k on better Fox shocks than Polaris offers ?

This is cool. Maybe they'll just offer the LE like they did in the 1000 Scrammy and it will have more trick stuff on it cuz it's bad azz.

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Their not getting ride of any models per say just tweaking and adding. The 800 will go through the same re-model the 570 did the 550 will b bumped to a twin. Add the 1G sporty.

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Oh and don't be surprised if the 400 doesn't get its share of the re-engineering after the big flashy stuff is out and done.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you mean sunset red OR LE ?

any thoughts as to would it be wiser to get a base model and then spend the 2k on better Fox shocks than Polaris offers ?

This is cool. Maybe they'll just offer the LE like they did in the 1000 Scrammy and it will have more trick stuff on it cuz it's bad azz.
both sunset red and LE the color and upgraded shocks
but the matt black is cool too

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you give me $500 I'll tell you another rumor. :chairfall:
I hope you get your wish. Myself....I never trust a rumor, especially from a salesman.
Good luck...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the owner is a good friend of mine for about 30 years and have bought 6 ATV's and 14 new snowmobiles from him and its my 500 bucks and I am betting on the rumor is true and if it is I am getting one of them 2 that he will get and not I will get my money back or blow it on Polaris stuff either way win win

1 - 20 of 44 Posts