Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are all aware of the extreme heat problems off the exhaust on our 570's. I was looking into ceramic coating my full exhaust and was wondering if anyone has tried any of the DIY products out there?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes ,I've done all that Polaris has offered, and even wrapped my exhaust along with spraying it with heat resistant paint! My riding style is mostly tooling around my 5 acre property slow and pulling a yard trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Gotcha. The high speed stuff is in the Lime Challenger. What year? Btw- DIY should work. Ceramic is ceramic.

·
Registered
570 SP
25 Posts
i noticed that the sides and top of the gas tank shroud was hot to touch while rideing around my 10 acres to break in
my new bike. that means that my engine was breathing in hot air which drastically affects performance. i cut the cover
under the headlight pod and drilled a bunch of holes . now the plastic is cool to touch. 100_0825.JPG

Reactions: gearheadesw1

·
11,263 Posts
Nice!! I had a 70 Charger 440/727 back in the day. Wish I'd had the foresight to hang onto it. 🤔
I used Eastwood ceramic internal exhaust coating on my old 800 while doing a complete rebuild last winter. Also used the external coating on the outside. It significantly reduced the amount of exhaust heat on that machine which had always been a problem.
I had previously tired wrap and it helped some but wasn't very durable. Well worth the effort IMO.
I also went the extra mile to fine tune fueling while doing the rebuild so that may have made some difference too. Don't know if that's a factor with the 570 or not as I haven't had any experience with them

·
Registered
428 Posts
This stuff worked wonders.

F119BBF8-20B7-43A8-99C8-F9F49A84BB4C.png

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I may buy a used exhaust system and either send it out to JetHot or maybe try the Eastwood internal coating myself.

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
363 Posts
Ive never noticed alot of heat from my 19 570. Now my dads outlander is another story, that thing throws some heat!

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
So in my experience exhaust heat is directly related to engine temps. Sounds like a "no duh dummy" statement. But what I mean is if the engine temps (coolant temp) is on the higher end of the operating range the exhaust gets near unbearable. I've noticed this mostly on my 800, no temp guage. Basically all I do to combat the heat is keep the rad clean. So the 800, the 570, and my Outy 1k are notorious for their heat according to what I have read. But I've been able to control the heat issues by making sure my rad is maintained on a periodic basis.

If that ever fails me which I can't see that happening I would get the ECU tuned.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
I always wonder about wrapping an exhaust and then because the heat isn’t dissipating normally from exhaust pipes does the engine stay hotter! Probably not, but the heat doesn’t just disappear. No matter what you wrap it with, putting around your property at low speeds It’s never going to cool as it would cruising down a trail. But you still have a ‘70 Challenger! :p

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
My father bought a darker sky blue 1973 Dodge Charger. Had a 440 Magnum, slap stick, white leather interior, black dash, and wood grain accents. He actually drove it out of the factory which was pretty interesting. He told me some day that it would be mine. He kept it in storage and didn't drive it much. We would take it to Dover twice a year as he had season tickets. Well one day he came to me and said we were going on a road trip to meet up with my oldest brother as he was giving it to him. Well long story short my older brother was/is an entrepreneur and worth millions. So selling that car was a way for him to move onward and upward. Would have been nice to have been able to get that car I had found memories of it. In the grand scheme of things it was better my brother got it and did what he did, he did more with it then I would have.

Reactions: Sprotsman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts