Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to wire into the accessories on a 2020 sportsman 850 highlifter?

My 2017 cat was a breeze as it had a factory accessories adapter. I don't see one on this, nor a good spot to tie into the wiring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
In front below the handlebars there are keyed on power accessory wires. They're orange and/or orange with a white tracer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In front below the handlebars there are keyed on power accessory wires. They're orange and/or orange with a white tracer.
I saw that in a video for the newer regular sportsman, I don't see that for the high lifter which has the old body. Are you sure this applies to a highlifter? Maybe I just need to look harder, but the plastics seem to be much tougher to remove on this one for a good peek

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
To my knowledge that's how all the newer machines are set-up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To my knowledge that's how all the newer machines are set-up.
I'll have to take a deeper look, in the video it looked like the plastics in front of the steering column came off, on mine the snorkels are there so you can't really look in there very well.

If anyone with a high lifter can confirm that's be great. It's too late now, so I'll check it tomorrow I guess.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I saw someone with an older HL, the orange ones, maybe a 16?, Any how, they had a spot under the seat, but it looked like an aftermarket winch contactor. Mine has nothing under the seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see a ground terminal but no positive anywhere to be seen.

Pic is of the ground on the left of the steering column. Same location on the other side has no positive.

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also just looked at the install manual for the OEM ones. Says they work on high lifters and that there is an orange wire as your link mentions.

Best part, big black blob for a picture, not sure how the person making the instructions kept his job lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found them.

1) while the negative post is easily seen from the column and the wheel well, the main cable harness runs just above and to the side of the bolt. So no easy way to get the bolt back on. It is what it is with the rad relocate and snorkels. Patience is all you can have to make it back on.

2) there are 2 spare accessory wires, they only have the black spade adapter tip poking out of the main wiring harness under the middle of the rad. So you have enough space between the top of the rad and the plastics to get your fingers in there. Easy job made difficult by not putting them in an accessible spot, or even a spot to see them.

I pulled them out a little to get a pic.

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET, glad you found them!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts