Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the polaris sportsman 550 efi. The steering wheel is very difficult to control and sometimes my front left wheel blocks.They have two hoses in the steering wheel that aren’t connected for anything, so now I don’t know if that should be the case.if anyone can check, maybe it’s because they don’t get any fluid

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Those are vent lines to let air/gases in and out of the diff caused by heat.

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Oh also your steering is electric and doesnt require fluid.

You may have an electrical issue with the power steering (EPS). Check the fuse and relay.

·
10,595 Posts
i don't know where it is
LOL... It was a joke OP. If your machine has power steering, it is EPS... Electronic Power Steering. There is no fluid or pump. It has an electric motor on the steering column that gives steering assist in response to your input on the handlebars.
What year model is your machine?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL... It was a joke OP. If your machine has power steering, it is EPS... Electronic Power Steering. There is no fluid or pump. It has an electric motor on the steering column that gives steering assist in response to your input on the handlebars.
What year model is your machine?
My machine is 2010 polaris sportsman 550 x2 EFI

·
10,595 Posts
From what I'm seeing that machine doesn't have EPS.
There's a bearing on the bottom of the steering shaft #2 that is probably rusted and a bushing #12 for the top part that needs grease. You can also check tie rod ends and ball joints to make sure they are moving freely. Jack the front end up to check everything and to grease and lube all pivot points.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You are Bosnian?? Maki88ro sounds a bit Finnish to me and Maki is a common finish name.
I'm married to a Slav but we have many fins living in this area. Nonetheless, nice to have you here with us. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are Bosnian?? Maki88ro sounds a bit Finnish to me and Maki is a common finish name.
I'm married to a Slav but we have many fins living in this area. Nonetheless, nice to have you here with us. :)
Yes I am Bosnian😉

1 - 11 of 11 Posts