Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best source or best available replacement tie rod ends for a 2015 sportsman xp 1000? As parts wear and I replace them, I like to upgrade to something better. Just don't know what's all out there for my machine...

All input welcome, looking for the strongest, longest lasting available....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Take a look at EPI performance. I just replaced mine on my 2016 570 SP. Pretty well built and sealed. I actually just replaced all my front end bushings, and ball joints with EPI stuff. So far...so awesome.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Take a look at EPI performance. I just replaced mine on my 2016 570 SP. Pretty well built and sealed. I actually just replaced all my front end bushings, and ball joints with EPI stuff. So far...so awesome.
What is awesome about the EPI parts?
How are they better than OEM in your opinion?
How can you tell they are good parts and not Chinese garbage with EPI branding?

I'm not being a naysayer. I'm looking to start a real discussion. I've looked at a few tie rod kits but am unsure which way to go.

I just replaced all the bushings on my base model 570. I bought a quadboss kit for the rear. As far as I can tell, it's no better, or worse, than stock. The bushing material itself feels exactly the same. However, I lack the ability to complete durometer testing so, I will leave it at seems.

For the front, I decided to try a kit from machined integrations purchased off Ebay. Looks are similar to garage products. Bushing are a bit more heavy duty than stock. Built in o-rings. Everything fit tighter than OEM parts. When adding grease, it doesn't just shhot out, it gets hard to pump because the o-rings are sealing it. Can't comment on longevity yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mike,
I had done some research, and from what I read they had good reviews...so I went with their products. The bushings seemed pretty run of the mill (may be a different type of heavier duty plastic though) they seem of a denser material than that of OEM...but pretty close to the OEM...but the tie rod ends seem better/beefier (sealed and greased), heavier duty (chromoly) and the ball joints (chromoly) seem very built/beefier, the rubber components seem heavier duty, under close inspection they just look and feel like they will stand the test of time, and definitely better built compared to OEM in my opinion. I just finished installing all of the components and in a side by side comparison and IMO, are superior compared to the OEM ones I reviewed. I don't know if they are the best of all the manufacturer's out there for what they sell, but for what I wanted to do for my machine, they are priced reasonable, and they seem a hell of allot better then OEM (quality/beefier). I'm sure I'll be just fine for quite some time.

Those sealed bushings you mentioned, from machine integrations, you've got my curiosity..I like the idea of bushings with o rings...for exactly the reason you mentioned. I honestly don't feel like taking everything apart again...but I'll check them out and see if they have parts for the 570 and recommend them to people to check out.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mike,
I had done some research, and from what I read they had good reviews...so I went with their products. The bushings seemed pretty run of the mill (may be a different type of heavier duty plastic though) they seem of a denser material than that of OEM...but pretty close to the OEM...but the tie rod ends seem better/beefier (sealed and greased), heavier duty (chromoly) and the ball joints (chromoly) seem very built/beefier, the rubber components seem heavier duty, under close inspection they just look and feel like they will stand the test of time, and definitely better built compared to OEM in my opinion. I just finished installing all of the components and in a side by side comparison and IMO, are superior compared to the OEM ones I reviewed. I don't know if they are the best of all the manufacturer's out there for what they sell, but for what I wanted to do for my machine, they are priced reasonable, and they seem a hell of allot better then OEM (quality/beefier). I'm sure I'll be just fine for quite some time.

Those sealed bushings you mentioned, from machine integrations, you've got my curiosity..I like the idea of bushings with o rings...for exactly the reason you mentioned. I honestly don't feel like taking everything apart again...but I'll check them out and see if they have parts for the 570 and recommend them to people to check out.

Good luck with your project.
Thanks for the input!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's what I'll be putting on mine when the time comes.
Polman, I saw those as well...I would have gone with that kit, but my existing tie rods were still in half way decent shape. I wire wheeled them with a grinder, primed them, 4 coats of gloss paint, and then 5 coats of clear coat. If they were bent up...I would have gone with this kit. Also...I should have looked into further...shame on me...when I didn't see the 570 specifically listed, I kind of didn't give it a second look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was looking into tie rods,what made you decide on these.
See me posts above. I just replaced the ends with EPI ones. They got a good review and we’re priced decently. My tie rods themselves were in ok shape do I refinished them. If you’re looking for a heavier duty complete setup I think Rocky Mountain atv sells a Moose Racing HD kit with thicker rods and comparable tie rod ends. Remember...there are three main components to each tie rod if you didn’t know. Typically the screw on adjustable ends are the pieces that fail over time (like a ball joint). Unless you really hit something good, the rods themselves are usually refinishable (grinder wire wheel, a couple good coats of etching primer rattle can, a couple of good coats of color topcoat, followed by a coat or three of clear gloss rattle can like I did.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts