Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yaya::turtle:It's been a couple of years since I been on this site, its was not do to not having any problems with my 2006 500 H.O., with only 50 miles on it, it was because I could never find the time to enjoy riding, so now that I have some time to ride, it will not start of course, new battery, added fresh gas and still a no go, I wanted to take out the spark plug to see if its okay however it looks hard to get to without removing the tank, its right under the rear of gas tank, in between frame, while trying to start its seem like its not getting any gas? any and all input is welcome!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
was there gas in the carb while it sat around for so long? if so i'd start with a good carb cleaning...
I was going to add some gas treatment, in case moisture was causing it? and I believe its fuel injected? Not an expert on this, but I can repair anything, if I know what to do or check for. I am going to order a repair manual today, so I'll at least have something to refer to, should of done it years ago, I know this has to be a simple fix, battery okay, fuel questionable, fuel pump questionable, I should be able to remove a hose to check it at in/out side lines of fuel filter, also to drain it if I have to, but I don't know its location? and also the Spark Plug is Questionable any directions would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
polaris sold two 2006 sportsman 500 models. The 500 HO, which uses a carburetor, and the 500 EFI...

if you have the 500 HO, then you have a carburetor which probably could use a good cleaning...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts