Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say howdy as I just registered and am trying to learn.
I recently bought a well used Polaris to replace a wore out Kawasaki 300 bayou 2x4. I always wanted a Polaris, but I may have not bought a good one and am not sure what I have. It has no books and very few decals left. If any of you can help me to identify it and tell me how to service it, I would be really thankful. Here is what I know or think that is correct............

350 demand 4x4
steel racks
silver and red paint on plastic that is good paint almost gone and faded
2 stroke
oil fill cap up front under the center headlight
3 headlights
1 tail light
water cooled
has lights by the key under the handle bars for hot N R
After started, in about 5-10 minutes the hot light comes on but the fan is turning
chain drive front and rear
electric start that does not work
front brake lever on left hand side ( does not work, master cyl leaking )
right foot brake ( does not work well )
4x4 rocker switch on right hand side that is broke
I can't find any dipsticks or places to check oil
The shifter is all inline with a red pull up knob on the lever
EC350PL00221774 found by the starter rope housing

I bought this to use on the farm to check cattle and just general farm use. I am many miles from any dealer and I am on my own, with the help I get here to identify what I have and what I need to do to service this machine and get it where I can use It. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
seems like a trail boss maby

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
anything like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
well i had one back 2 years ago and everythng you described seems like that one, there is not much i can tell you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you give me a better idea of the model and the year by the info that I wrote above ???
Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
polaris trail boss 350, around a 1993 or so?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome, and the help.

I found another number on the right hand side frame, above and forward of the recoil rope starter. Near as I can make out it says 2003856

Can anyone tell me for sure what atv I have and the year and any other info that might help a new old owner. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would love to help you out, but I'm also an ignorant newbie trying to figure out the site. Unfortunatly I dont have answers to this question but in future would be happy to help with any others that I have knowledge on. I do need help however on how to post a thread with questions of my own????

Can someone please help me out here and get me started??? How do you Post???

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I would love to help you out, but I'm also an ignorant newbie trying to figure out the site. Unfortunatly I dont have answers to this question but in future would be happy to help with any others that I have knowledge on. I do need help however on how to post a thread with questions of my own????

Can someone please help me out here and get me started??? How do you Post???
Click on lower left "post reply" or click "Quote" to reply with a quote.
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Looks like
W928139
under some paint on a decal on the frame by the shifter
Welcome to the forum.
It's a 1992 Trailboss 350l 4x4.
It does have a trans dipstick and a counterbalance(lower crankcase) dipstick.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2009 850xp Boot Guard templates

Can anyone out there help me out with getting my hands on some templates for front and rear boot guard templates. I have all the materials, breaks and shear to do this but am looking for a bit of advise and tryin to save a bit of $$ by doing it myself.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Can anyone out there help me out with getting my hands on some templates for front and rear boot guard templates. I have all the materials, breaks and shear to do this but am looking for a bit of advise and tryin to save a bit of $$ by doing it myself.
Start a new thread about your problem, someone else might can help you. I am sorry I only know a limited amount and that is about the older models. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts