Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently registered to this forum, and look forward to reading threads.
I live in Northern Ontario and ride some trails used by snowmobiles in the winter. My atv is a 2004.5 600 Sportsman with only a K&N air filter and hand gaurds as mods.
Question about fluids. I just changed all the oils, 80/90 Amsoil in the rear diff. 10w40 Amsoil in the engine, but still had to use Polaris oils in the trans and front hub. Can anyone tell me what would be comparable (compatable) to the trans and front hub oil. I'll use Polaris if I have to, but would like to use something better if possible.
Thanks, Fog

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just recently registered to this forum, and look forward to reading threads.
I live in Northern Ontario and ride some trails used by snowmobiles in the winter. My atv is a 2004.5 600 Sportsman with only a K&N air filter and hand gaurds as mods.
Question about fluids. I just changed all the oils, 80/90 Amsoil in the rear diff. 10w40 Amsoil in the engine, but still had to use Polaris oils in the trans and front hub. Can anyone tell me what would be comparable (compatable) to the trans and front hub oil. I'll use Polaris if I have to, but would like to use something better if possible.
Thanks, Fog
Eh, don't ya know! Welcome aboard. Reference your question about AMSOIL products, here is your answer:

For AGL Transmission use Series 2000 Chaincase oil

For Angle Drive Fluid use Severe Gear 75W-90

For Demand Drive or Demand Drive Plus use Synthetic Universal ATF

If you would like some pricing for these products or more information don't hesitate to PM me.

Take care,

·
Registered
517 Posts
welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts