Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First I was so glad to find this forum and and happy to become a new member. Hello to All!!
I have a 2007 Polaris Sportsmans 500 HO efi Deluxe. My husband bought it for me this Feb as an anniversary present (good Hubby) it only had 76 miles on it. I now have 600plus miles on the machine and it has recently started backfiring when i let off the gas. i replaced the mass air sensor wire connector as the wires broke(i understand this is a common problem) and now the machine has plenty power but after idleing for a while it stalls (we adjusted the throttle cable and thats not it.) so we cleaned out exhaust, checked all the air flow lines that go to the filter box and then to the engine and there not plugged and clamps are tight. We changed the spark plug. it seems it is running rich as the plug had black powder residue on it. I am totally out of ideas and am hoping someone might have an idea i missed.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off welcome to the board!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Check the vent line for the gas tank. You may want to check the fuel pressure I believe it should be at 39 psi. This could also be a improperly adjusted throttle position sensor. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts