Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0635.JPG

After recently purchasing a 2021 sportsman 850 premium, I was happy to find this site! Just by reading the articles, I've learned SO much about the correct way to break in a new machine without asking questions!
I live in central Minnesota on the south end of Mille Lacs Lake. For those of you who are avid small mouth bass fishermen/women or follow the small mouth bass circuit, I don't need to tell you how big the "smallies" are here and what the pro's have to say about Mille Lacs!
I was born and raised here and have been riding snowmobiles and motorcycles since the early 70's, and atv's since the 80's. I retired from the I.U.O.E (International Union of Operating Engineers), Local #49 at the age of 55 and I'm currently 62. Fishing, hunting, and anything outdoors is all I do these days.
I went with the "Ultimate Series" bumpers, racks, and side armor. The total cost was approximately the same as a new set of tires and wheels so I figured I would run on those 2 ply factory tires until I get the machine broke in and focus on protecting my investment for now.
There are a couple things you should know when it comes to the ultimate series accessories.

Without the side armor, the front bumper is vulnerable to bending. Specifically, the areas of the bumper in front of the headlights. Once the side armor is installed and bolted to the front bumper, the bending issue is virtually eliminated. If you haven't purchased the bumper yet, be aware the side armor is an additional $300+.

The racks: If you currently have the Polaris brand "moveable tie downs" on your machine, installing either the front or back racks will make those tie downs obsolete. They cannot be reinstalled.

Other than that, I like this set up and the protection it affords. It all installed easily with good instructions. Anyway, hello from "Minnesnowta" !
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,167 Posts
Nice looking ride. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome from the UP of MI Minnesnowta. Nice to have you here with us! My spousal unit is from Ely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Ely has some awesome lake trout fishing! I got these on Burntside Lake and I also fish north of Ely on Tofte Lake for rainbows, and splake.
burntside lakers.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,077 Posts
DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice wheeler!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts