Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, new member from New Hampshire. Joined a few weeks ago. This is a great site with lots of info and helpful members. Looking forward to checking everything out.

I have a 2012 polaris sportsman 850 XP with EPS and the wife has a 2014 sportsman 570 with EPS. My 850 is a work in progress most recently replacing my front axles after breaking one a few weeks ago. Glad to be here.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Welcome! what part of NH. me and a few buddies go up to Pittsburg when we can.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the site. Actually I'm pretty new as well.

I was thinking of bringing a crew up to NH this year.
We are all experienced riders and prefer technical trails over snowmobile trails.
Can you recommend the best places to go?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Snowman. There are lots of areas to ride here. Most notable is Jericho Mountain State Park. Google this and you will find lots of info and riding dates. The State of NH is currently trying to join as many ATV trails as possible ATM.

Ride the wilds is the name of the trail system that should be around 1000 miles of connected trails at some point. It is a work in progress. Jericho park is about as technical as you will get in NH as far as I know. People come from all over the country to ride there. I have not ridden there, however plan on going there after mud season. Check out the states website and I am sure you will find out more info. Happy wheeling!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I think its great that NH and Maine are both ATV friendly....its a money maker just like the snowmobiles are....it keeps the tourist season open 365 days a year....not counting the ski areas...I cant wait to get up north NH this spring....then to Jackman Maine....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
its so sad ..we have the tree huggers here who walk thier dogs on all the rail trails they have in mass...and let their dogs chit all over them and think nothing off it..leave it there...but to open all the state forests sitting idle with no recreation on them.they wont....but have rangers who sit in a station with nothing to do but play cards an watch TV......,.I have one right down the road with over 40 miles of trails....and nice ones...but no ATV's allowed....its a rugged road to get in there so no one goes there but rangers...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya. ATV's where I live are also the minority. Nearest place for me to ride is in Henniker. It is a shame to have so much area around both of us and we can't access them. Hopefully this mindset will change in the future.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome!!!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hello Snowman. There are lots of areas to ride here. Most notable is Jericho Mountain State Park. Google this and you will find lots of info and riding dates. The State of NH is currently trying to join as many ATV trails as possible ATM.

Ride the wilds is the name of the trail system that should be around 1000 miles of connected trails at some point. It is a work in progress. Jericho park is about as technical as you will get in NH as far as I know. People come from all over the country to ride there. I have not ridden there, however plan on going there after mud season. Check out the states website and I am sure you will find out more info. Happy wheeling!

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
I rode up in Errol NH this fall but it was mostly logging roads. I am going to check out Jericho when it opens. We should setup a group ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts