Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad to have found this site... I have cattle & use my ATV mainly for ranch chores such as checking on the cows,fences, etc. &/or just riding thru the woods/pastures for pleasure while viewing deer, coyotes, sunsets, etc.
Right now we have 1/4" of ice covered by 7"-8" of snow, & I am hoping for some help on my post in the Polaris tech forum(lack of 4WD capability).
Anyway, thanks for letting me partake & happy, safe riding wished for all ATV enthusiasts.:hand:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome blueline15(& for the possible solution to my 4WD woes posted in Polaris troubleshooting forum)!
I am originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, but have been in OK for over 30 years...anyway still know that 8" of snow is merely a "dusting" for you guys!
We don't mind the snow, since it is usually only 2"-4" at a time--a couple of times a winter(have gotten up to 14" here, but rarely) , but unfortunately we do tend to get a lot of ice, freezing rain & sleet, which is not fun anywhere!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the site, my youngest daughter lived in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area untill 2 months ago. I used to go up there quite often.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah, sadly 8" is only a dusting. i have lost count of how many feet are on the ground now....but we dont get the freezing rain here, which is nice. in my hometown in washington we get freezing rain and sleet in the winter, but no snow. that is really bad, i would much rather have the snow!

good to have you around

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Paw Paw! My wife was a full-time farrier(horseshoer) in the Broken Arrow area for 23+ years. One of her best friends is originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana & now lives in Lacassine. I hope that your youngest daughter moved closer towards you.
Good luck wished for Drew Brees & the Saints!
jboc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi blueline15-
Yeah ditto on the ice...I do enjoy going to Colorado to ski every few years...when time, money, schedule & my "fitness" permits!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks Paw Paw! My wife was a full-time farrier(horseshoer) in the Broken Arrow area for 23+ years. One of her best friends is originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana & now lives in Lacassine. I hope that your youngest daughter moved closer towards you.
Good luck wished for Drew Brees & the Saints!
jboc
They moved to the Houston area which is closer by about 400 miles. They still have a 31' travel trailer they need to get down to Houston when the weather get's a little better. I'm in the Lockport area along Bayou Lafourche 60 miles SW of New Orleans. Hope the Saint's can win it all this Sunday. My oldest daughter and son in law are going with a group from down here. I made most of the home games this year including the playoff wins against Arizona and Minnesota, but work is preventing me from going to Miami. Will have to watch it on TV. Take care!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, substantially closer---nice outcome..
Hopefully WR Robt. Meachem (from Tulsa, OK) will have an outstanding day that helps to contribute to a Superbowl win for the Saints! jboc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts