Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Been a member for a couple of weeks now but never had the time to jump on and say "hi". I have (will be purchasing from my father-in-law) a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO. His grandson has ridden it around and something has happened to it. There is a flashing wrench icon on the speedo display. We can get it started but it won't idle, nor does it have any top-end what-so-ever. I had first replaced the fuel pump thinking that it had failed. I determined this because I had taken it apart and had noticed that the diaphragm and the valves appeared for better wear. I have taken the carburetor completely apart and cleaned every orifice and jet, but with no effect.

I am wondering what else to check for, I am stumped on this one.

Thanks.
Robert.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome we will be down to your state to ride in late June. The flashing wrench may just be a service due indicator that can be reset.

·
Registered
89 Posts
New here. Been a member for a couple of weeks now but never had the time to jump on and say "hi". I have (will be purchasing from my father-in-law) a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO. His grandson has ridden it around and something has happened to it. There is a flashing wrench icon on the speedo display. We can get it started but it won't idle, nor does it have any top-end what-so-ever. I had first replaced the fuel pump thinking that it had failed. I determined this because I had taken it apart and had noticed that the diaphragm and the valves appeared for better wear. I have taken the carburetor completely apart and cleaned every orifice and jet, but with no effect.

I am wondering what else to check for, I am stumped on this one.

Thanks.
Robert.
Hi Robert, I'm also new to the forum but I would check and see what codes it is throwing before you throw parts at it. That flashing wrench is telling you there is a problem. Yes sometimes it is just a maintainance reminder but in your case where it is not running right, there is a code that will help you narrow it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts