Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't throw me to the wolves I am riding a 20 outlander 570 max at moment lol. But working on 300 xplorer for kiddo. Also have 96 400 xpress mom bought new and working on 95 sportsman 400 for buddy. I have had about every brand from banshee to 400ex but my heart is always with Polaris. Have had sportsman's, xplorers, scramblers etc. Thanks for having me here.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,304 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

Reactions: Xtremesledder

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
814 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My dad has an outlander and it’s an excellent machine!

·
Premium Member
12,312 Posts
Welcome bud!!!!!!!!! I have a '20 Outy myself but I tell everyone I bleed Polaris!!!!!!!!! Believe me the Polaris guys on this site are the BEST out there. So much knowledge and willingness to share it!!!

Reactions: Xtremesledder

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,304 Posts
Get back on your meds. His name is not Bud.

·
Premium Member
12,312 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Polaris 850 SP Camo
132 Posts
Don't throw me to the wolves I am riding a 20 outlander 570 max at moment lol. But working on 300 xplorer for kiddo. Also have 96 400 xpress mom bought new and working on 95 sportsman 400 for buddy. I have had about every brand from banshee to 400ex but my heart is always with Polaris. Have had sportsman's, xplorers, scramblers etc. Thanks for having me here.
Welcome. You mostly get clobbered for responding to old posts which is a new guy thing. Not so much about riding other machines. You might get some good natured ribbing. I have owned three different brands of four wheelers and all the current brands of snowmobiles. I had fun on them all. Just more fun on some than others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. You mostly get clobbered for responding to old posts which is a new guy thing. Not so much about riding other machines. You might get some good natured ribbing. I have owned three different brands of four wheelers and all the current brands of snowmobiles. I had fun on them all. Just more fun on some than others.
I miss snowmobiling too been awhile but will admit wasn't a Polaris fan when came to them😂. My favorite of all time were the ZRT and Thundercats give anything to find a mint 02 last year made. My mxz 800 wasn't bad either. I never got the no responding to old posts thing. I did on one last night cause nobody answered and might help someone in future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got me thinking I still have box full of gears, weights, springs etc I think I need a vintage zrt to go with it lol. I used to have sponsor and did a lot of ice drags and radar runs. But it's warmer during atv season

·
Registered
2018 Polaris 850 SP Camo
132 Posts
I miss snowmobiling too been awhile but will admit wasn't a Polaris fan when came to them😂. My favorite of all time were the ZRT and Thundercats give anything to find a mint 02 last year made. My mxz 800 wasn't bad either. I never got the no responding to old posts thing. I did on one last night cause nobody answered and might help someone in future.
I really like snowmobiling. Currently have a Ski Doo 600 etec with a 137" track with R Motion suspension. 250 miles days are no problem and around 20mpg now matter how I ride it. Had a lot of Polaris sleds and some Arctic Cats with a smattering of others. Out of all my sleds I only had one engine failure and that was a long time ago on a 97 Polaris 440 fan cooled sled. Oil impeller failed on one side with only 900 miles on the sled.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris 850 SP Camo
132 Posts
Got me thinking I still have box full of gears, weights, springs etc I think I need a vintage zrt to go with it lol. I used to have sponsor and did a lot of ice drags and radar runs. But it's warmer during atv season
I agree with the warmer but with the warmer comes dust. Last year was very dry here and the dust was terrible on weekends as there were huge numbers of machines on the trails. We took to riding during the week to escape the crowds. Spring and fall are my favorite times to ride. I use my wheeler for bird and deer hunting also with an occasional ice fishing trip. I have good snowmobile gear so the cold really doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with the warmer but with the warmer comes dust. Last year was very dry here and the dust was terrible on weekends as there were huge numbers of machines on the trails. We took to riding during the week to escape the crowds. Spring and fall are my favorite times to ride. I use my wheeler for bird and deer hunting also with an occasional ice fishing trip. I have good snowmobile gear so the cold really doesn't bother me.
It gets very dusty where I ride also. Adam's county WI is all sand

·
Registered
2018 Polaris 850 SP Camo
132 Posts
I ride central and northern Minnesota mostly with an occasional trip to southern MN. Trails down there can get real dusty as when real dry they are like powder. Would like to ride in Wisconsin this year. I snowmobile in the Hayward area.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,374 Posts
I really like snowmobiling. Currently have a Ski Doo 600 etec with a 137" track with R Motion suspension. 250 miles days are no problem and around 20mpg now matter how I ride it. Had a lot of Polaris sleds and some Arctic Cats with a smattering of others. Out of all my sleds I only had one engine failure and that was a long time ago on a 97 Polaris 440 fan cooled sled. Oil impeller failed on one side with only 900 miles on the sled.
I still have a 97 440 XC running strong. I do add a bit of oil to the gas, so she runs rich, but the impellers were known to fail on those older Popos, so better to be safe and stinky ;)

·
Registered
2018 Polaris 850 SP Camo
132 Posts
I still have a 97 440 XC running strong. I do add a bit of oil to the gas, so she runs rich, but the impellers were known to fail on those older Popos, so better to be safe and stinky ;)
Agree. The impeller was plastic. Stupid idea for such an important part. The guy I sold the sled too at work after I fixed it still had it four years ago. His wife was still riding it. I also agree with the adding a little oil to the gas on those sleds. Better smokey than brokey.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ride central and northern Minnesota mostly with an occasional trip to southern MN. Trails down there can get real dusty as when real dry they are like powder. Would like to ride in Wisconsin this year. I snowmobile in the Hayward area.
Riding up in Hurley end of May. That's what kiddo wanted for Birthday. no sister with just him and I

1 - 17 of 17 Posts