Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum and a proud Polaris 500 Sportsman owner from Northern Va area. I do have one question. Thinking about purchasing a plow system for my 2010 sportsman 500, any suggestions on which brand to look at? Looking for a front mount type, no mid mount, that's easy to install & leave on when riding (optional). Suggestions please

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Most all manufactures make a front mount system these days.

And to answer you best, we'll truely need more information.....

1) What type of surface will you be plowing?

2) What size of area will you be plowing?

3) What is your average single event snow fall amount?

4) "Heavy" Duty or "Standard" Duty build quality (which truely relates to the above questions/answers)?

Depending on how the above is answered you'll recieve recommendations for the Warn Pro Vantage (SD) , American Mfg Eagle (HD), the Glacier 2 (SD) and the KFI (HD) Plow systems.

I personally have a Glacier 3 Plow System and love it.... it's more of a hybrid front/mid style mount. Very Easy on/off and "maybe" a 1/4" of lost ground clearance. But the blade could be a couple inches taller (depending on snow fall amount and weight) and it could be a couple gauges heavier material to be considered "Heavy Duty" to me. So I'd call it a "standard duty" system.

I've also owned a machine with the Eagle (mid mount) which was a very stought / heavy duty built setup... but I didn't need two plow rigs and sold the Eagle set up to my father-in-law whom is very pleased with it.

FYI.... both the Eagle & KFI are "American Made", right here in Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, I'll attempt to answer as best I can.
1. Would be plowing over asphalt & concrete type surfaces.

2. Average to large size driveways & walkways. Driveways large enough to park 4 cars.

3. Average depth per snow event 4-5 inches, 2-3 event's per year normally. On adnormal years depth increase to 8-10 inches & event per season increases to 4-5.

:chairfall:

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Welcome to the site. I would suggest with a 54 or 60 inch front mount American Eagle. Awesome lift height for stacking snow. Quick connect system. Easy on and off in seconds & one of the strongest on the market. 100% made in MN USA! If you prefer mid mount American eagle makes that also. That system is also a quick connect with no pins to connect. Also the mid mount itself is a two piece design that can be removed in just minutes once winter is over by losing 4 bolts and then the one piece slides off giving you full ground clearance for the rest of the year. The main flat plate stays on the quad and doubles as a extra belly plate for protection. Any questions feel free to call me at the shop M-F 9-5 cst. Thor

HEY! Looking for a American Eagle ATV Plow?

Front mount.

Mid mount

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, eagle system looks well made and durable.
:cowboy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have information or opinion on the Polaris system??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts