Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't hear any noise from the fuel pump when I turn the key on. It runs if I spray starter fluid on the air filter. I removed the fuel filter and tried to start it, no fuel came out of the lines. Is there a fuse? If so, where and witch one is it? ( I did have the bike over a couple weeks ago, the gas gauge quit working, I don't know if its related.) I would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check fuses should be 15amp for the EFI.....there are two relays near the ECU here are the color coded wires.....
COLOR FUNCTION
Red/White
KEY-ON Battery power supply, switched
on by the key and LH control switches,
enables power to relay. Tied to Fan Relay
terminal.
Gray/White
Relay “ON” command. The ECU supplies a
ground which closes the relay, supplying
power to run the fuel pump, injectors, etc.
Orange Fused 15-amp, unswitched battery power
IN supply for EFI component operation.
Red/Black
EFI power output. 'ON' when ECU sends a
signal on the GRY/W wire, closing the
relay. Supplies 15-amp power for ECUcontrolled
operation of EFI components.
Could be the ECU also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i didnt think to get back to tell every one that it was the ground wire on the pump couldnt track it down so i just made one it works fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't hear any noise from the fuel pump when I turn the key on. It runs if I spray starter fluid on the air filter. I removed the fuel filter and tried to start it, no fuel came out of the lines. Is there a fuse? If so, where and witch one is it? ( I did have the bike over a couple weeks ago, the gas gauge quit working, I don't know if its related.) I would appreciate any help. Thanks
..............there is no relay i dont know about a fuse you will have to replace the hole fuil tank sence they dont sell just a fuel pump the tank sells for about $345 cheep cycle parts .com I took mine to the dealer big mistake cost me $750 but you can doit your self

1 - 7 of 7 Posts