Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 outlaw 525 has a popping/clicking noise when turning right or backing up right. I'v replaced both inner joints and did not go away.

so are the outer cv joint popping? would like to fix's this asap...dose any one have ides where to look?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
07 outlaw 525 has a popping/clicking noise when turning right or backing up right. I'v replaced both inner joints and did not go away.

so are the outer cv joint popping? would like to fix's this asap...dose any one have ides where to look?
Thanks
Sounds like the cv. I would change the outers and go from there

2013 850ho

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it is a irs model it Might be just the rear brake caliper and pads. If nothing seems worn out . Mine has clicked for years and everything is new.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies...i know its not the breaks i just took those and the chain off and still popping/clicking, im going to change the outer cv and hope that fixes it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well crap...just changed the outer CV joints and still popping, i don't get it. the wheel bearings seem tight and roll smooth. any more ides???

·
Registered
521 Posts
my friend once they go bad they are bad forever you should ride it till it gets really bad or locks up, you will need the whole new cv hub and joints all the way threw i think polarispartshouse has them around 600 bucks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine has been cracking ever since new and has never got worse .Don't worry about it . could be if you changed the beaeings in the carrier you never put each ball back in same slot, as they all wear different.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's your center hub. I had the same issue. If you replace the joint, you still have a junk hub and it will make noise. I think I got one (complete) a few years back at cheapcycleparts.com
Try here------>Polarisproriders.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'v been playing around with this crazy popping noise, i adjusted the suspension so the quad sits 1 1/2 lower at the back and the noise is dam near gone, i think its because those axles are running at to steep of angles. i'll run it this way for a why all and see what happens.
thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts