Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 250 Trailboss, which was not running when I bought it. I was told it had a carb issue.

I found that the cable was bad, so I replaced it. I also removed the carb and cleaned it out.

It now fires up and runs nice. But the choke does nothing. In fact to fire it up, I need to put my hand on the air intake side of the carb (which kind of mimiks a choke).

Odd thing is the choke on this carb is unusual. Most have a flap that opens and closes, but in this carb the choke cable attaches to a threaded nut. If you undo the nut, the cable is attached to a spring and shaft thingy. So if you pull the choke, it lifts the shaft.

Any ideas of why my choke does nothing? BTW - once started and warmed up, the choke still does nothing, whether I turn it on or off.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
It's actually an enricher, just commonly referred to as a choke. The little plunger in there lifts up and allows extra fuel to be drawn into the carb body. You adjust it by setting the adjustment part of the cable (8mm) to where the spring just starts to have some resistance when the plunger is bottomed out. Right before you screw in the 12mm head. And without the airbox installed you will have a hard time getting it to run right at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts