Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you on here are pretty familiar with the codes 45 and 46 issues with the EFI bikes. I got a 06 500efi that I'm about to drive off of a cliff. First off. it will not idle, nor will it run below 2500 rpms without quitting. So I put a new wiring harness on with the heavier gauge wire, I went ahead and put a new MAP sensor in it since the bike has got over 4000 miles on it and I even put a new fuel pump on it. But it's still running like crap and is still shooting codes 45, 46. What am I doing wrong?

Another question: any of you guys ever had to replace the injector?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi!

i have problems with the injectors, but it was only the harness that is directly connected with it...the wires were completly wrecked. so i change the wires for both injectors (i have a 700 EFI) and the codes still flashing in the screen. i talk to some guys from the polaris and they advise to disconnect the battery for 5 minuts, and then turn it again. It works for me! Check also the pressure of the fuel, because you may have a dirt fuel pump!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
may need to adjust TPS, throttle position sensor, takes a special pig tail, volt meter and a special D wrench to adjust, if yu have service manual it will explain it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
may need to adjust TPS, throttle position sensor, takes a special pig tail, volt meter and a special D wrench to adjust, if yu have service manual it will explain it.
Thank You! Yeah I got a service manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts