Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here i have 08 sportsman 500 ho. carburated. bought it off the first owner and it is completly stock. heres the sympthoms. will only run with jump pack on and will cut out after a few seconds if you take it off. ALL LIGHTS AND ALL stay on with key off and kills battery. HOT light was on and fan as on when it was comppletly cold.but hasent done that today. i checked the wires comeing out of the stator and only reading 3.2 volts but i did it a few days ago and got 14? i tested the one red wire going into the voltage reg and it was 14 volts. im shootig towards voltage reg because why would everything stay on if the stator was shot? does the stator run through the volage reg? like the voltage reg. tells how much volts for the stator to produce?
thanks please respond.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Could also be a problem with ignition switch. Try using the kill switch & see
if every turns off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ecm? wouldent that be the voltage regualtor/power control module? and i will check out the kill switch tom. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not kill switch

ok so kill switch wont turn lights off but it will turn the atvoff. im leaning toward a short in the stator?
please elp and reply thnks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts