1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,933 Posts
what year scrambler??

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
It is a special, fully threaded, LH thread Allen head bolt - I last got one in 2017 - what I do not know is the thread pitch and bolt diameter - I'm guessing it's a 3/8 - 16 about 2 inches in length, but it might be metric 8 - 1.25 x 50mm - it is discontinued from Polaris and NLA even on Ebay.

If you can determine the pitch, diameter and length, I can get a replacement (hex, allen or other type head) from an industrial supply.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a special, fully threaded, LH thread Allen head bolt - I last got one in 2017 - what I do not know is the thread pitch and bolt diameter - I'm guessing it's a 3/8 - 16 about 2 inches in length, but it might be metric 8 - 1.25 x 50mm - it is discontinued from Polaris and NLA even on Ebay.

If you can determine the pitch, diameter and length, I can get a replacement (hex, allen or other type head) from an industrial supply.
Industrial supply was my initial thought but doesnt the length of the shoulder set the distance of the washers and seals?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Part #23 is a nut/washer combination - the bolt sets the clearance between the auxiliary foot brake operator and the hydraulic brake piston - the nut/washer locks the bolt in position after adjustment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the new pin in, stopped by fastenal. It looks like it's a 1/4-28.
However, that seems like the unicorn of bolts.
I found some on amazon for $20 each.
Going to do a bit more checking and measuring but likely that will be my route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts