Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know this is going to be a tough fix, but my bike is having a problem with the fourwheel drive system and I need some help. The bike is an old 1987 trailboss 4x4, and when I checked on the polaris parts fiche, the parts I needed were in the diagrams, but not on the list below. Does this mean Polaris no longer makes the parts for my bike? If not, can i go to Rona or Home depot and buy them there? There is only a bolt, and two washers of different size. My problem is that the bolt that holds the gearcase sproket of the front wheel drive system came off on the trail, and I cannot find it anywhere.The sproket was still in the cover, but the bolt and washers were long gone. The other problem is, that although I am now led to belive Polaris no longer makes the parts, they are not listed at all. I need the sizes and metal that they are made of before I go buying them. If anyone can help me with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone needs pictures, I can post them upon request, and if you would like to view the schematics, the address is---- http://www.peakpowersports.ca/fiche...ategory=ATVs&make=Polaris&year=1987&fveh=5328 ----and the parts are labled in the diagram as 34, 35, and 36.
Thanks again everyone,

Billy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind guys, I went to home depot and found the part I needed. Took her apart and put it allback together again tonight. Hopfully tommarow I can take her for a rip!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts