Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 Sportsman 800 that I damaged the frame. I bought a 2006 Frame. Does anyone know if I can swap them over? I looked on the polaris part numbers and the frame numbers are different? But looking at a 2007 and 2006 everything is the same and looks like it all bolts up? Can someone shed some light before I rip my 2007 apart and find out it won't work thanks

·
11,130 Posts
If I remember correctly, Polaris changed the geometry on 800 frame slightly around 07 by moving the engine and maybe the tranny forward a little. Everything should still bolt up though I'd think with the possible exception of the front prop shaft.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frame swap?

my front diff is on a angle. The front prop shaft leaves the engine on a angle it doesn't go straight on? My sportsman is made before they started putting the ADC on the 4x4. Mine only has 2 selections 4x4 and 2x4. So now I'm kinda confused will it work and all bolt up?

·
11,130 Posts
Like I said before, I THINK everything should bolt right up. If they moved the engine forward some though, the front prop shaft may be a little shorter. You might need a 06 shaft or there may be no REAL difference at all. I've never done the swap you want to do so I can't tell you definitely. All I can do is give you my best guess. Again, I THINK it will all work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts