Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Polaris scrambler 2x4 500 and i thought for the electric start just the battery needed replaced so i replaced it and it still don't work. i know that the battery is holding a charge because the reverse neutral etc, lights work. when you attempt to start it you don't even here a click like you do if somethings wrong with the starter i am clueless. need help bad please help!!!!! thanks and hello everybody first thread

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
With the key on try jumping the start solenoid.

If that doesn't start it, get the battery load tested for amps.

And, welcome aboard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay i will go try that and post back on the results you mean cylinoide? right i have no idea how to spell it?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Follow the pos batt cable. The other end is at the solenoid. It will be mounted to the frame, and have two terminals. The other terminal is the red cable going to the starter. It's what allows your starter to get power from the battery.

With the key in the on position, put a piece of metal across both terminals. Make sure it isn't also touching the frame, and neither are you. They you won't be shocked. Otherwise, you can hold the piece if metal while you touch both terminals.

If is still doesn't turn over doing that. Have a shop load test the battery. It starts off amps, tge dash lights run off volts. It can be full of volts, and no amps to start. A load rest will tell you this.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Probably so. I would replace the solenoid and it should be fixed. Its easy to do. All you have is two terminal wires (vey easy) and the two wires that come into the solenoid from the key switch. (also easy)

If you get the exact correct solenoid, its a simple plug and play installation. I think they are about $30

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k sweet thanks going to go and get that solenoid now going to do some riding this evening :) its been awhile since Ive been riding i live 2 minutes away from some pretty good trails :biglaugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts