Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get key and ignition need asap I left keys on my hood and they are gone. Please help where do I get for scrambler 1000

·
Registered
434 Posts
Go back to where you stole the quad from and tell them you need the damn keys to ride it. Lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
For the temporary, I have read that its very easy to hotwire a Polaris. Cut the wires and twist together. ?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Any other help I really in a jam I was so excited to ride it never took the spare key off the ring.
sorry vinny.. but we're all thinking it and my apologies if you are legit.. but seriously.. you just "bought" a scrambler 1000 and lost your keys and you posted on a forum rather than calling your dealer?.. doesn't sound right.. call your dealer and get a replacement.. if anyone here knows how to hot wire a quad.. Please do NOT post the process.. Send vinny a private message if anything.. Assuming vinny is on the up and up. And again vinny I sincerely apologize for the insinuation if your story is true.. That said.. Do not post how to do it on a forum that any bottom feeder that steals a machine can see.. Assuming they can read.. Dicks..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Any other help I really in a jam I was so excited to ride it never took the spare key off the ring.
sorry vinny.. but we're all thinking it and my apologies if you are legit.. but seriously.. you just "bought" a scrambler 1000 and lost your keys and you posted on a forum rather than calling your dealer?.. doesn't sound right.. call your dealer and get a replacement.. if anyone here knows how to hot wire a quad.. Please do NOT post the process.. Send vinny a private message if anything.. Assuming vinny is on the up and up. And again vinny I sincerely apologize for the insinuation if your story is true.. That said.. Do not post how to do it on a forum that any bottom feeder that steals a machine can see.. Assuming they can read.. Dicks..
You're in Canada. What are you worried about? There's no criminals in Canada, they all live in the U.S. right? :rotflmao:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Why does everybody always say go back to the dealer? Take the ignition off and take it to a locksmith. He can make you 2 keys in about 30 minutes and when it happened to me that is how long it took.

Ronnie

·
Registered
421 Posts
id have to agree. just get a new 1000xp. then loose the keys. sounds odd to me. money to spend on that and non to fix the ignition...... gona have to suck it up and go to the dealer to get what ya need.....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You're in Canada. What are you worried about? There's no criminals in Canada, they all live in the U.S. right? :rotflmao:
ha!!.. wish that were true easystreet.. I was into sport bikes when I was younger and I lost a ninja ZX9 to a thief some years ago.. I think that's why I'm a little sensitive to the issue of theft..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yea just got it last week from motorcycle mall and was up at my land up state ny and when i left the key was on the tailgate real sucks i will call the dealer tusday since all are closed on monday anyway but thank you for the support

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
naa.. I think you're good vinny.. just ridin' you a little to see that you were on the right side of things.. guys pop up from time to time with a story like yours.. if they're dirty, when they get questioned they usually just go away.. I hope you get your deal figured out.. I'm sure there's a way to save a few $$ and use a lock smith or something to get a new key.. But with a high end quad like yours why mess around or have someone who might damage something mess around with it.. If it was a beater quad.. Of course, do it that way.. In your case though, I would do it right and get a proper key from your dealer..

·
Registered
610 Posts
naa.. I think you're good vinny.. just ridin' you a little to see that you were on the right side of things.. guys pop up from time to time with a story like yours.. if they're dirty, when they get questioned they usually just go away.. I hope you get your deal figured out.. I'm sure there's a way to save a few $$ and use a lock smith or something to get a new key.. But with a high end quad like yours why mess around or have someone who might damage something mess around with it.. If it was a beater quad.. Of course, do it that way.. In your case though, I would do it right and get a proper key from your dealer..

LOL...Yeah only Polaris makes a proper key. Locksmiths know nothing about this high tech key.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I got new keys made for my 850 (lost mine) in about 5 min by local lock smith for 5 bucks..... for 4 of them.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
funny thing is key in my dads 850 if put it just right will start my 850, only keys that cant be remade are the can-am ones with D.E.S.S

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
This is not rocket science guys. He doesn't need to go to the dealer for a freakin key. Take the ignition off Vinny and take it to a locksmith and he can make one. If he cannot he isn't much of a locksmith. What is so hard about this????? Any good locksmith can do this in under 30 minutes.

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 29 Posts