Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I need to know, I am currently looking up websites for parts.
I know for sure my four-wheeler is a Polaris Sportsman 500 1999 4x4. However, when I look up that name,
I find Polaris Sportsman 500 1999 (A99CH50AA) and then the same thing but with (A99CH50AB) in parenthesis instead.

Do I have the AB or AA model, and how do I find out what model I have?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What color is yours? Polaris catalog shows (AB) - Porsche Red & (AA) - Olive Green
Buddy

·
Registered
900 Posts
I think EB is non EBS braking. AA and AB are similar with EBS. You should be able to identify the bike by it's vin number.

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for your help. I am suprised that the number is based solely on the color. My four-wheeler is olive green. The title says "AA" so it is safe to say that this is the correct model number.

There is something else I still need help with and that is the part. On what I believe is the belt drive, located near the left foot peg as if you were riding on the four-wheeler, the plastic cover that covers the belt is cracked. I need to know what the offical name for this plastic piece is and what the model number is. That is the new part that I need to order.

I thank all of you so much for the help you have already given me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
well there all the same lol just different color parts like plastic and stickers
depending on the site it should say the color of your atv next to it most of the time if its stock green its like aa most of the time

·
Registered
505 Posts
Part number 5432849 COVER,CLUTCH,OUTER,HV Substituted by 5433540
Part number 7077666 DECAL"AUTO./EBS",CLUTCH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts