Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Trail Boss 330 and I have lost my key. I recently moved and don't know what happen to the key. I am blaming it on the wife! We are planning on making a trip down to the sand dunes in Wanoka next week. I know I can replace the ignition switch but a guy at work said I should just be able to bypass the ignition switch and put in a toggle switch. So basically I would be hotwiring it. Does anybody know how to do this on a Trailboss? I am planning on tearing the new house apart this weekend looking for the key, but if I don't find it I am trying to see what my options are to get me running for the trip.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can just pull the center of the ignition and tumblers out and start it with a screw driver until you get a new ignition. Only problem with this is if you find your key later on you will have a hell of a time getting the tumblers back in in the right orientation.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Monte. I ended up finding my spare key. I have never used it and at first it wouldn't turn the ignition, but I knew it was the right key. So I ended up just filing down parts of the key little by little and kept trying it and finally got it to work. So I am all set. Can't wait to go ride this weekend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts