Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to sum it up as best I can:

Bike started idling roughly on a random ride, didn't want to stay running and then cleared up on its own. Next time I tried to to take it for a ride maybe a week later, it didn't want to idle at all, and basically wouldnt start without assistance from the throttle, to the point that I eventually drained the battery from multiple attempts. Well, I left it in my garage for over a month without touching it and just put a charge on the other day to give it another attempt. This time it fired up just fine and idled normally for maybe 3-5 minutes then it revved up a few hundred rpms and died. Went right back to the hard start and no idle.

I have had this quad in some very deep mud holes but it has always made it home under its own power and the issue didn't start until a few weeks after my last mud ride but I feel its obviously related somehow. I take full responsibilty for mistreating my ride, so im not looking a lecture just a point in the right direction to getting her back on the trail :)

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
What year? Ever changed plugs?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011, no plug(s) change yet.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
How many hrs/miles

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
79hrs, 700 miles

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Start with a set of plugs, fresh fuel and a fuel filter, and check all your ignition electrical plugs for corrosion and put a little dielectric grease on them.

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
I would chk the t-bap sensor wire harness for damage.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies fellas, im still troubleshooting this issue with no success as of yet. I fired it up yesterday and it will idle on its own but wont throttle up, starts missing and will eventually die. Once it dies it doesnt want to start back up. Ill check the t-bap sensor wire, any other possible sollutions??

Thanks again all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not familiar with the efi quads, but that sounds alot like whatever you would consider your TPS or throttle position sensor on that machine. First thing first tho, quick tune up. Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, and grab yourself a can of seafoam to add to the fuel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would check for codes. I think 45 and 51 come up of it is the T-bap. Also check the gas tank vent for kinks or obstructions.

·
11,157 Posts
Sounds like a TPS problem but I'd also check T-BAP wiring and fuel pressure too.
If you've been in a lot of deep water, you might should pull the stator cover and take a peek too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts