Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i see there is a ton of threads but nothing too recent. whats the concensus on polaris grip and thumb warmber verses other manufactures out there? there are some pretty expensive ones out there.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The oem ones are all I use now. Plug and play, work great, and reliable. I've tried others. Either they are hard to figure out how to wire due to poor instructions, or the function of them isn't that good.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had a feeling of all people you would chime in! lol.

any place you know where to get them?:fing02:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. where is the best place to buy them?

·
Registered
162 Posts
OEM all the way. The connections are already there in your harness and probably the cutouts your headlight pod. So it makes for a super clean install. I got mine off Amazon and eBay. Looking around, I never found much of a price difference between different sources. Expect to pay about $45-$50 for each set. At least thats what I paid.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OEM all the way. The connections are already there in your harness and probably the cutouts your headlight pod. So it makes for a super clean install. I got mine off Amazon and eBay. Looking around, I never found much of a price difference between different sources. Expect to pay about $45-$50 for each set. At least thats what I paid.
Ok thanks. I saw them on amazon and didn't know if that was the going price.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just bought them this past weekend from the dealer. $54.99 for the hand warmers and $29.99 for the mounts.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I have OEM hand and thumb warmers, love thrm. But how long do they last? not getting as hot as they once did.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer should have them on the shelf for about $80 for the whole setup.
i wish i thought about it when i picked my machine up last week. and too bad the dealer 3 miles from work are complete...ill leave out the other word. but needless to say i wont step foot on their property anymore

ill see if i can find a dealer selling them online.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ which dealer would that be? do you work in MA?

i got mine at the dealer and installed them myself. not hard at all, and not expensive.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ which dealer would that be? do you work in MA?

i got mine at the dealer and installed them myself. not hard at all, and not expensive.
yes i work in norwood. and they are the only dealer around... MOM's south. bunch of crooks that will never go back there ever again. i just picked up my quad from Mikes famous down in new london CT to get some warrantee work done.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ lol i bought mine there, i wont go back.

i took mine to Higgin Powersports in Barre MA when the Crank Gear spun.

I Had a heated talk with the Service Manager, Armando at Moms. he scanned it for code and pushed it to the back of the shop even with me having an appointment. told me it would be a week before he got back to it. I called Polaris, he called me to tell me im now shit out of luck..... i went in and took my machine out of there in pieces.

Where abouts in RI are you? im in MA in Taunton, Near the Dighton line. i used to work in EP

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok all you guys with the polaris hand and thumb warmers.. question for you! how hard is it to add the thumb warmer after the fact? im thinking on just getting the grip warmers and see how they are then if needed i can add the thumb portion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine was very easy. It took me longer to cut out the slot for the switch. I was able to use the same ground and switched power wire as my hand warmers. Total time spent was 10 min on the quad and mabue 20 on the bench with a utility knife.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
perfect thanks! im litterally ordering the hand warmers as we speak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts