Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I need some help.I got a 2003 250 trailblazer just put a new piston,rings and bored the cylinder.But it still will not crank it has 122 lbs of comp.It is getting fire and fuel i even sprayed starting fluid in it and still nothing.Checked the crank seals they are fine checked to see if crankcase was full of gas it is not Ieven double cheked the piston to see if i put it in wrong but i did it right.Could it be the stotor not putting out enough fire. Iam at a loss can yall help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey everybody I need some help.I got a 2003 250 trailblazer just put a new piston,rings and bored the cylinder.But it still will not crank it has 122 lbs of comp.It is getting fire and fuel i even sprayed starting fluid in it and still nothing.Checked the crank seals they are fine checked to see if crankcase was full of gas it is not Ieven double cheked the piston to see if i put it in wrong but i did it right.Could it be the stotor not putting out enough fire. Iam at a loss can yall help.
Im confused 122# of compression but it will not crank? Sounds like its cranking but not firing.Did you check for correct spark?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by correct spark. I checked it with a spark tester it is fireing and also laid the plug on the muffler it is fireing that way to. It is alittle orange not bright blue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the site. The first thing I would do is check the stator with an ohm meter. It could be weak. Have you tried pull starting it? I would also do a leak-down test on it to make sure none of your seals are leaking. I would also get a new spark plug and check to make sure the gap is within spec. I assume you have the head pipe on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input Iwill do a leak-down on it.I did have the head pipe on it and tried to pull start it to,with the new spark plug and I will test the stator. Iwill let yall know what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts