Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to clutch my 2007 Sportsman 800. I've bought a Dalton Primary spring which is good for tires up to 27". I've also have a EPI Sport Utility Clutch kit for 27" tires. The EPI kit comes with 1Primary spring, some weights and a helix and spring for the secondary. I was planning to use the Dalton Primary spring instead of the EPI one (due to it looks better and heavier than the EPI one) would any one reccomend this? I thought you want a heavier spring on the primary for engagement? I'll be riding mostly trail (60%) and some mud (40%) and will be running 27" Outlaws 1 skinny wide combo? Can someone shed some light on this situation? On the Dalton website it states just use the Dalton Primary spring cause the polaris clutches are good to tires up to 27". Is it a good idea to mix and match the two? The springs look the same, but the Dalton seems a bit heavier? Thank you

·
11,285 Posts
The only way to know is try it different ways. Just put the Dalton spring in alone and try it. It only takes a few minutes to install and you may not even want more. If you do, then go ahead with the whole kit. Again, primary springs only take a few minutes to install and you don't even have to remove the clutch. You can swap and mix and match them easily.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts