Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can someone try this test out on their own Scram. Here's a vid of my 1000 at 5 mph and 10 mph with me sitting on the back of the seat. At 5 the wheels come up no problem but at 10 no way. I read posts about people pulling the wheels up at 30 mph on this site which makes me think there's something wrong with mine?

The dealer called mine back 2 hours after I got it to replace the head which as always irked me, and have always wondered if it's now less than factory.

Looking at this vid does it seem on par with you guys 1000's? Or is mine low on HP?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I dont have one, but the vids I have seen of the 1k, if there is traction, the front end is certainly up in the air. How many hours on him now? Have you adjusted the shocks at all?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 10 hours on it and I'm 10 clicks out from stiff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seems right to me. My friend got 14 850 LE and my 1000 is not much faster. Not worth extra $$ imo.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems right to me. My friend got 14 850 LE and my 1000 is not much faster. Not worth extra $$ imo.
Hmm, ok. I was hoping for "insane" power but doesn't seem like that's what it's got. Wheels up at 10MPH doesn't seem like that hard of a task for the fastest quad ever made, lol. Uggg oh well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, my buddy rides a '13 850 and I leave him for dead. Also raced a 1000 Renegade that has exhaust work and airdam clutch, and it was pretty even.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
same thing with the 850's some can not get the wheels off the ground and the next they can throttle them over backwards I can with the 850 at 5 and 10 and even 15 sometimes
Click on Pic or video

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
same thing with the 850's some can not get the wheels off the ground and the next they can throttle them over backwards I can with the 850 at 5 and 10 and even 15 sometimes
Click on Pic or video

odd for sure...I have a 14 850 with clutch kit and while I can get the front end up, it is not like yours at all....and nothing like my Brute was. Weird there can be so much difference between them??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Idk, no reason to bash my own machine. Both his 850 and my 1000 are stock. We even weigh about the same. My 1000 just is not much faster. Its maybe 3/4 bike to 60. After that it pulls away, but in real world trails that means nothing. Not worth extra cash.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Click on Pic or video

In your video you look to be going 5 mph or slower when you bring the wheels up. At 10 or higher you can definitely bring the wheels up?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
there is a huge difference between wheelers, especially the 850's
there are 3 in our little town, one cant wheelie at all one can get it up a little and mine can wheelie at will since I brought it home, but now with the clutching I can throttle it over back wards
there are now 2 1000 scrammys in town one I can beat , and the other is about 2 lengths out on me and keeps on going, I can run about 76 77 mph, the fast 1000 will run 83 84mph this is on gps not dream meter , idid put my clutches on the slow 850 of my buddys and my belt and it didn't make any difference it was still a turd, so not quite understanding that

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Mine wheelies for days at 20mph...in the video below I had less than 10hrs and if you listen I actually have to feather it to keep it down.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Here is a clip of a couple guys racing the 850 vs 1000, the 1000 is stock and the 850 has exhaust, tuner and cvtech clutch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know with mine it's all about if I can get traction. Even on the road it will spin the rear tires and not pick up the front end. But sometimes it wheelies great just ordered a QSC clutch kit for it should be in tomorrow. I think that sometimes its slipping the belt also that's why it want pic the front up that's way I ordered a clutch kit. I'll let y'all know how she does with it in after this week end.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Up the stall on your clutch kit a bit and it will pull the wheels.

My 850 pulls the front pretty easy at 5-10 mph. But getting traction is the hardest part. Like stated, it will roast the tires on pavement even.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I pretty sure my belt was slipping at higher speeds, on my first few high speed runs I would hit the rev limiter around 70 if I kept the throttle burried, but if I would feather the throttle it would go all the way to 80. I thought it was a miss at first so I put the NGK plugs in and it didn't help it, now that my belt is fully broken in she goes straight to 80 without hesitation. Did you guys do the heat cycles to break in your belt? If not you could be experiencing some belt slippage.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
breaking in your belts is huge and warming it up first when you take off every day is allot to, don't leave the shed and try and bring the front end up you are putting a glaze on the belt

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey everyone this is my first post here but i just picked up my scrambler 1000 last weekend and i love it what an amazing atv. my last atv was a grizzly 700 . i cant really wheely that well in high but in love the wheels come right up so i was wondering if you guys are in low or high and what are all your suspension setting on

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My suspension settings are pretty much middle of the road and I'm in high. What kind of tire pressure are your guys running?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts